08 dyno run with Ivan's mods

Deacon

I completed the following Iavn mods a few months ago: Ais blockoff, smaller sub throttle plates, FCE, BMC air filter, modified airbox, PCIIIusb with Ignition module, de-catted exhaust and GYTR slip on. Although others have done these mods and Ivan supplies a custom map, each motorcycle is different to some degree. That being said, I wanted to make sure it was all set up correctly. Some dyno time as in order. I was very pleased and the techs were a bit suprised. The final tune came out at 152.9 hp at the rear wheel and 78.2 ft/lbs of torque!

Ivan's map was good and it was close, but it was somewhat rich in the midrange. The first sheet is for the ignition advancer module and the second the pcIII. Ivans settings on the ignition module were darn near spot on. One of the cool things about the motor was that max hp came at 11,500 rpm's and it was still making more hp when shut down. Most bikes will make max hp earlier and then drop off. They said this motor makes much more "usable" power than the R1's. Read that as "real world".

Soooo...after riding it to the shop in the hail and rain, I have not had much chance to give it a good run. The first track day of the year should solve that. Ivan's mods have turned the FZ1 into a beast...although a manageable one. Very mild mannered until you decide to let it run. sorry for the poor scan of the dheets, but I will try to better in a few days. Let me know if you have any questions.

Your max power looks pretty good but I have a few questions. How much overall did the mods cost you, what kind of addition did you get in the mid range, and did you make a run before your mods so you would know where and how much you actually added? Without a base run it's imposible to know where and how much you added.

Your max power looks pretty good but I have a few questions. How much overall did the mods cost you, what kind of addition did you get in the mid range, and did you make a run before your mods so you would know where and how much you actually added? Without a base run it's imposible to know where and how much you added.

Part of the fun of owning a motorcycle for me has been the tinkering and personalization. To do it correctly I would have done a base line, but I always intended to do the mods anyway. From the tech's experience, they figured in the low to mid 130's for hp and certainly not as smooth and linear of a power curve. It's not all about the max of course, but it's a cool indicator of the effect of the mods. Other's on this forum probably have stock numbers available.

I have not had a chance to ride it much since Friday as it is currently snowing! The first track day of the season should be a good real world test. I figure I spent in the area of $900-$1000 all told on the mods and bits. I can provide more specific info if someone needs it.

FZ1 06 Performance

I did similar mods PC3, Ignition modual, DNA filter, Ivans fuel unit, Ivans sub-throttle plates and Mivv GP slip on. What a difference it has made, The big thing I wanted was to make the bike more rideable it wasnt all about power but the gains are nice. I was sick of the jerky on/off fuelling now it is smooth and predictable I am more confident to get on the gas earlier. Fully recommend these mods.

thats awesome.. i just put my dual 2bros slip on system on my busa and waitin for pc5 hopefully shell put down around 190 to the rear at least. that would be sweet. i did similar mods to my fz but havent dyno tuned it. this thread makes me want to dyno everthing including my kubota lawn mower :woot:

wow, those are great numbers. What was the air temp when dynoed?

It was about a year ago, but I believe in the shop it was about 60 and the outside temp was about 40. I will look and see if I have more specific info.

I think air temp may be a factor. My bike has all the stuff, and had it dynoed just to measure hp. Temp was 98 f, and the bike showed 140 hp with like 73 torque.

I thought that was good, till I saw yours. Now I'm thinking about a cooler measurement.

I think air temp may be a factor. My bike has all the stuff, and had it dynoed just to measure hp. Temp was 98 f, and the bike showed 140 hp with like 73 torque.

I thought that was good, till I saw yours. Now I'm thinking about a cooler measurement.

Well there is an SAE correction factor that's used to take temperature, humidity, etc into account. This way you can compare results even if they are from different days. Do you know if your results were "corrected"? And remember different dynos will equal different results.

Last edited:
I know that dyno's are not reliable, giving different figures on different days, but didn't know about the temp correction thingie.

I'm kinda wondering if some dyno guys have a way to inflate figures, or whatever. Seems to me Ivan mentioned something along those lines.

Back