07 so many mods

This week i changed the brakes on the bike (07 FZ1) It only has about 12k miles, but was ridden by a 350lb+ guy until last year. They were moderately worn.

Ordered the Two Brothers Black Series exhaust. only paid $340 for it brand new. (the bike shop loves me)

Also chain and sprockets. Here begins the questions.

1. I ordered Renthal 17/45 sprockets. I was told that will increase my torque with 17 on the front instead of 16. True? good idea?

2. Does the brand of chain matter?

3. Should I gut my cat before adding the new exhaust?

4. Next plans, modify the flies. Should I do the air box mod? is there a modded box to purchase, or better to do my own?

I'm sure I'll have plenty more questions. Thanks for the help in advance.

If you get Ivan's performance mod you won't have to mess with the flies.

I found the Ivan's mod, but it looks like he's saying his own modded flies will help tremendously. So, any flies will help? The idea of no lag in throttle response sounds amazing!!! It also looks like he sells his mod with yoshi full system. I won't need it. Does he do special deals?

Last edited:
I found the Ivan's mod, but it looks like he's saying his own modded flies will help tremendously. So, any flies will help? The idea of no lag in throttle response sounds amazing!!! It also looks like he sells his mod with yoshi full system. I won't need it. Does he do special deals?

If you do his ECU flash then the stock flies are fine. The modded flies were for his old set up, pre-flash.

Sent from my Nexus 5

To give you an idea on the sprocket change to a 16. It's kinda like turbo lag after a slip on and still using a 17. Not a huge deal but it's noticeable. 16 is much better.

Do yourself a favor and go to the other FZ1 site (FZ1OA) and read up on performance mods (particularly the Exhaust Carburetion and Performance section).

Back