06 FZ1 throttle/ecu question

According to Ivan the 06 ECU has the best mid-range & combined with the FCE it is all you need = very smooth plus the FCE will give you more mid-range. Trust me dont waste your $ on another ECU, tracked my FZ1 dozens of times in the fast/med group with nothing but flawless throttle response save your $ for a full system this is where the real gains are to be had on the FZ1.:cheers:

Last edited:
According to Ivan the 06 ECU has the best mid-range & combined with the FCE it is all you need = very smooth plus the FCE will give you more mid-range. Trust me dont waste your $ on another ECU, tracked my FZ1 dozens of times in the fast/med group with nothing but flawless throttle response save your $ for a full system this is where the real gains are to be had on the FZ1.:cheers:

So how did your modded o6 ride compared to a similar modded 11 bike in back to back testing on the street?

Beast

So how did your modded o6 ride compared to a similar modded 11 bike in back to back testing on the street?

Beast

Beast,

Did I miss the dyno runs, back to back testing, or third party evaluation for any of your MAP based tuning endeavors?? You are basing your entire tuning process on a poorly located sensor that is extremely susceptible to low RPM exhaust reversion and you are now using your results to lead people to throw out their early "untuneable" ecus and replace with new??. . .

Would an early GenII with the full range of mods show significant benefits from adding a late ECU? Fuel cut has already been addressed and fueling / ignition adjusted. It seems very unlikely that the cost to benefit ratio would warrant spending $500 or likely much less. Or perhaps there some imbedded fault(s) in the early ecus that makes them untuneable like Beast suggests? I have thousands of miles on my setup and have been nothing but pleased and amazed. Others give similar reports. . .

For a "stockist" who has no interest in taking the cork out of the intake or exhaust and who wants a factory plug in option (rather than aftemarket PC and FCE that requires splicing into the harness) then a late ECU may help to improve throttle snatchiness and poor fueling. It won't likely be cheap and is no replacement for a PC, IM, FCE etc if you want to take things to next level.

As any tuner that brings cars up from scratch on a regular basis. A dyno run only shows about the last 10% of an EFI tune. All the hard work is in the midrange. Making HP is the last thing you do on the dyno to get the motor close enough to get to the track and do the real work.

Beast

I simply don't care about dyno charts. Drivability is everything on any street driven motor. So much so that I bet you too would feel the same way if you ever tried tuning your bike this way.

Beast

Then simply don't ask for one! Do you have a simple comparison graph between the different year ECUs in 2D and not in the Matlab like 3D simulation thing? I am a researcher but even my eyes get tweaked looking at those 3D graphs.

Last edited:
Back