06 FZ1 throttle/ecu question

i just got my 06 fz1 a few months back and i love it. has k&n and a slip on. my only concern is its not as smooth on the throttle as my fz6 was. ive seen a few fixes for these but didnt know which one would be best. heard about ivans fuel cut out mod, power commander, re-flash ecm, and something about a 2010 ecm. ive heard the 06 ecm isnt the best so maybe getting a newer ecm would be best? any input would be appreciated, thanks

I have an '07 manufactured in November of '06 and I don't have an FCE yet. Would it be possible for me to flash the ECU, or to get my hands on an ECU that I can flash? I'm pretty adept with computers/electronics, just wondering if anyone else has done this. I have the PCV but I'd much rather reprogram the source

ECUnleashed has figured out how to hack the ecu but they do a fairly poor effort at reprogramming it. I have offered to assist them at homing in the tune but to date they (for the most part) disappeared.

They apparently open the box to get to the boot load jumper. Some boxed appear to come back unopened so they may has some sort of way to get to the ECU thru external jumpers.

Beast

Piasini

ECUnleashed has figured out how to hack the ecu but they do a fairly poor effort at reprogramming it. I have offered to assist them at homing in the tune but to date they (for the most part) disappeared.

They apparently open the box to get to the boot load jumper. Some boxed appear to come back unopened so they may has some sort of way to get to the ECU thru external jumpers.

Beast

Some info on how ECUUnleashed operates:
ECU Unleashed is the public name created for Christian Piasini’s Serial Suite and tune files. This system is available only to dealers and offers very flexible flashing but has limited tuning capabilities past loading tune file A, B, or C.
They use this to connect to ECUs: Serial Suite Piasini Engineering V4.1 Master

Video on it: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQLPcNEIAjA"]read all dump of chip by bin file, write or edit this dump by yourself - YouTube[/ame]

How the Piasini connects with the FZ1: (from http://www.maxecutuning.com/download/piasini_list.pdf)
Faser FZ1
1.0 xx CV - 2006/08
Denso
[Denso-Yamaha][Mitsubishi protocol][Mitsubishi 256Kbyte][No Checksum]

More info from this thread, and the pages following: http://www.998cc.org/forum/gen-ii-tech/11514-fz1-ecu-tuning-13.html

Last edited:
Sheeeeesh!

You don't need a new ECU (which would almost certainly cost you well over $500) Search a bit more on the FCE from Ivan (on this and FZ10a site). It will take care of your 06s throttle snatch and improve low / midrange performance as well. Find one used or pay Ivan the $200 for one.

Last edited:
Sheeeeesh!

You don't need a new ECU (which would almost certainly cost you well over $500) Search a bit more on the FCE from Ivan (on this and FZ10a site). It will take care of your 06s throttle snatch and improve low / midrange performance as well. Find one used or pay Ivan the $200 for one.

+1 you dont need a new ecu just Ivans FCE & sub throttle plates, experiment with removing the flies you may like it.

On the 06, the best solution is to get a 12 ECU from the dealer. On the US market bikes, it should plug right in.

Beast

I think autobahn tried this with a '10 ECU. Do you know of anyone else who has done this? I'm thinking about doing the same for my '06.

Where is the best/cheapest place to get a 2010 and up ecu?

These are the best two prices that I've found, including shipping:

one

two

You could always ask your local stealer to price match.

I think autobahn tried this with a '10 ECU. Do you know of anyone else who has done this? I'm thinking about doing the same for my '06.

These are the best two prices that I've found, including shipping:

one

two

You could always ask your local stealer to price match.

$413 is an outstanding price. I paid $250 used for my '10.

Does anyone know if there are further improvements with the ECU year-by-year past the 2010 unit?
It sounds like 2008 is a lot better than 2006. But do they keep getting better with the later units - or is there kind of a final "good" version reached at one of the model years - which then continues on?

Does anyone know if there are further improvements with the ECU year-by-year past the 2010 unit?
It sounds like 2008 is a lot better than 2006. But do they keep getting better with the later units - or is there kind of a final "good" version reached at one of the model years - which then continues on?

I've looked at some of the part numbers. They update the last 2 digits when they do a change. I think the last change was 2011.

Back