06 fz1 mod help

i got an 06 fz1 with the airbox mod, the ivans flies, remove the cat from the heathers and yoshi slip on and now the bike backfires and hesitate every time i hit the gas fast what can i do to fix this? maybe a juice box? is this safe to ride the bike like this?

i got an 06 fz1 with the airbox mod, the ivans flies, remove the cat from the heathers and yoshi slip on and now the bike backfires and hesitate every time i hit the gas fast what can i do to fix this? maybe a juice box? is this safe to ride the bike like this?

Yes, you are now way, way lean pretty much everywhere. So juice box or PCIII is required. You might find used ones out there for $100 or so. Then load a stage 2 or 3 map from here http://duken4evr.homestead.com/files/Dukes_Maps.zip and you should be good to go. But no, not really safe for the valves to ride like that long term. Burning too hot.

I also have 06, Ivan's FCU is the kitty to cure the snatch and smooth the fuelling. PC3 will help, but unless your willing to get your bike dynoed it may not cure the snatch. Ivan's FCU is almost mandatory on the 06, you will also get a good mid-range gains aswell. AIS block-off will cure the popping, easiest way is to open up the airbox and plug the outlet next to the airfilter with a 13mm plastic endcap, screw or something equilevent. If your really keen you can buy block-off plates to remove the AIS system completely, but this requires removing the radiator. It is easier to wait to your next service, replace you plugs and do the AIS removal then.

I also have 06, Ivan's FCU is the kitty to cure the snatch and smooth the fuelling. PC3 will help, but unless your willing to get your bike dynoed it may not cure the snatch. Ivan's FCU is almost mandatory on the 06, you will also get a good mid-range gains aswell. AIS block-off will cure the popping, easiest way is to open up the airbox and plug the outlet next to the airfilter with a 13mm plastic endcap, screw or something equilevent. If your really keen you can buy block-off plates to remove the AIS system completely, but this requires removing the radiator. It is easier to wait to your next service, replace you plugs and do the AIS removal then.

I forgot to mention that i did block off the AIS by the air box

I forgot to mention that i did block off the AIS by the air box

I installed Ivan's block off plates and completely removed the AIS and still get a little bit of popping. Not bad, but a second or two. I don't have the FCE on my '09 yet. Not sure if I want to spend $200 to cure a little popping, maybe someday.

Back