06 fz1 issues

Hi, i sold my bike and stopped my choice for my new ride on a fz1 and i found a 06 fz1 but when searching online i found that it has a throttle issues at 5000-6000 rpm so i have questions

1)The guy said that the added yoshimaru exhaust mitigate the problems to almost unnoticable can that be true ?

2) What is the IVAN thing you can put to solve the problem and how much does it cost?

3) He changed the clutch kit for a barnet clutch kit *the bike only have 25000 km) and when i asked why he told me :

Yes the 06 had a clutch issue with the outer disk over heating and the barnett clutch with its new springs and different material fixes it . I didn't really have to change it but before it became an issue I changed it . I had the clutch kit since 08 but just changed it over the winter

Is it true ???

thanks a lot guy hope you can help me

Welcome! Congrats on the bike but.....

1. No, the exhaust doesn't do anything for the throttle-snatch issue.

2. Ivan has an FCE but he also now has a new flash for your ECU that is a lot better, removes the throttle issue and unlocks a lot of other factory restrictions. A lot better than the FCE. You have to call him directly to get a price. You also have to have a Power Commander, O2 eliminator plug and whatever else he recommends.

3. A clutch issue this early means the bike was likely abused or stunted. The OEM clutch is perfectly fine and the vast majority of riders are using the stock one with 2, 3, 4 and more times the km on the bike.

You can get it fixed back to spec and really enjoy this bike a LOT! I hope it is a great deal!

-Eric

Hi, i sold my bike and stopped my choice for my new ride on a fz1 and i found a 06 fz1 but when searching online i found that it has a throttle issues at 5000-6000 rpm so i have questions

1)The guy said that the added yoshimaru exhaust mitigate the problems to almost unnoticable can that be true ?

2) What is the IVAN thing you can put to solve the problem and how much does it cost?

3) He changed the clutch kit for a barnet clutch kit *the bike only have 25000 km) and when i asked why he told me :

Yes the 06 had a clutch issue with the outer disk over heating and the barnett clutch with its new springs and different material fixes it . I didn't really have to change it but before it became an issue I changed it . I had the clutch kit since 08 but just changed it over the winter

Is it true ???

thanks a lot guy hope you can help me

#1. Not sure what the throttle issues are, but I doubt a full exhaust would help it. More than likely a fueling issue that would need a Dynojet Power Commander.

#2. You're referring to the Fuel Cut Eliminator (FCE). It goes for $195 according to his site. I think Ivan will be discontinuing this product (or so I heard) now that he offers an ECU reflash that accomplishes the same and more.

#3. Sounds like bs to me. I have not heard of any clutch issues specific to the '06.

well thanks all that kind of ... desperate me haha the bike was a good deal 4500 $ but it don't seems legit i will have to go for the 07- 08 that will cost me 7500 $ tax in .... or should i go with a fz8 2013 for 8900 tax in ? (Bit higher than what i wanted to put though)

well thanks all that kind of ... desperate me haha the bike was a good deal 4500 $ but it don't seems legit i will have to go for the 07- 08 that will cost me 7500 $ tax in .... or should i go with a fz8 2013 for 8900 tax in ? (Bit higher than what i wanted to put though)

So why don't you buy it? Lots of FZ1 riders find the fuel cut perfectly acceptable. He might have changed the clutch because he thought it would be an issue. Ask him if you can look at the stock one he took out to check for abuse. Does it still have the original rear tire? FZ8 really isn't the same bike but if performance isn't a priority?

Nothing against the FZ 8 but you are losing a lot of horsepower on a bike which is only a few kg's lighter than an FZ 1.
If I was going new, I would be seriously considering the new FZ 09/MT 09 which will have a power/weight ratio closer to the FZ 1 (this is assuming you are looking at a naked bike)

Back