06 Fz1 cranks but won’t start after a drop

Hello all, new to the forum and have a starting issue I’ve not been able to find here or anywhere else.
history: I sold my 15 fz07 back in July and promptly upgraded to the slightly older liter version that day. Bought it with 22k miles and currently sitting at 28,000+. After 6000 miles of daily rider reliability (to and from work 60 miles round trip plus recreational riding) the fuel pump went. I ordered and replaced the pump and proceeded to run well for two weeks (same riding schedule). One day was heading to the store I dropped it while heading out, on some dew covered grass in the field I was staying in (live in an rv currently) the bike was running during the drop, killed it quick. Proceeded to pick it up asses the damage and luckily only the right side mirror broke off. Luckily again the bike started back up and I rode the 5 mile ride to and from the store. Got back to camp, had lunch, worked on my dirt bike for a bit all in all probably 2-3hours goes by and the misses and I were going to take a leisure ride to cool down from a hot day and the bike cranks and cranks but will no longer fire. Fuel pump seems to be priming but again not starting. the fact it ran after the drop eliminates the tip switch I think so I’m wondering what the collective here thinks it could be. The diag mode is new to me but I’ve recorded the data from it so I should be able to answer any code related query yall have. Please help I’ve just got to Florida after an rv crash that turned a 3 day trip into a solid month and I’m fiending to ride. Thanks in advance.

Are you getting any fault codes on the display?
What fault codes are you getting from the diagnostic mode?

Edit: If you have access to the service manual, there is a lot of diagnostic mode info in there, but it is kind of hard to follow... I think I have a bit of info squirrelled away that may help.

Last edited:
Back