06-09 tail light dimensions??

Hey guys/gals, new user here coming over from R1-forums, and could use some help!

I have a '77 CB750 Super Sport (yeah I know it's a Honda...lol) that I'm fixing up, and want to do a modern integrated tail light setup. I really like the look of the 06-09 FZ1 integrated lights, but I'm not sure of the dimensions of the piece, and I'd like to know what they are before I throw down cash for a new light :)

If anybody could take the time to measure the entire piece for me, that would be greatly appreciated! I need width at top, width at bottom, overall height, and depth.

Thanks much :)

I'm not sure that the FZ1 tail light unit will work for your application because it's made to fit in the tail section and tapers in just about all directions. I didnt take the light out but I tried to take some dimensions from what I could get at and from the rear. I measure 7 3/4 inches across, 3 3/4 long, and 2 1/2high. These are measuremnts at maximum points, hope it helps you.

Thanks, that helps a lot! The taper of the piece is pretty irrelevant to what I'm doing, it will be on a custom bracket and molded (re: glassed) in. Right now it's between this light and R6S light - I just wish 02/03 R1 lights would fit because I have a couple of those lol...

Anybody else who might have their bike apart wanna throw out some quick measurements? The more the merrier :)

Back