05 FZ1 fuel & air mix adjustment

Ive noticed a rich exhaust smell coming from my bike and I wanted to know how to adjust the fuel air mixture on the carbs. I bougth the bike used. The previous owner installed a Dale Walker Performance kit Stage 1 which I think consists of a timing advancer, bigger jets, and exhaust. The bike runs great for having 98,000 miles.In my opinion, I feel like the bike gets too much fuel and not enough air based on performance and the obvious rich odor of fuel coming from my exhaust....can anyone help me with this... maybe im missing something

Dale accepts 'tech support' calls on Wednesdays and Thursdays (maybe more days but he takes Fridays for other things)

Anyway, if you get a really good report of exactly what your symptoms and settings are (how many turns on your screws etc..) he's excellent at giving you suggestions for fixing any issues you have.

Well adjusting the a/f knob are almost the same with other carb engines, but with with fz1, it has a 4 throttle carb, that means you are adjusting 4 carb not only one. You will also need a carb synchronize to balance all 4 carb.

Yeah...the carbs may have to be synchronized and possibly have the valves checked...thx...hopefully not on the valves...I was hoping for just a few turns on some adjustment screws would do the job....but will see...I will follow up...thx

Back