Pods, Jets, Slip ons, Gears, the works...

Just curious about some stuff here guys. I want to do the Pod setup. It seems that there is Ivans AND Dale Walkers.

I am going to get the Dale Walker high mount slip on becuase its sick sounding and looking, plus then I can remove my rear footpegs as I hate them.

Now while I do that, I would like to get the pods installed and jet the carbs properly. Does anyone here know if Ivans kit the FZ-POD setup for 295 bones includes the jet kit for them also? Or is it just the pods setup?

I have a Muzzy slip on currently but dont like the look of it to be honest. And I dont know if it was jetted or not, so Id prefer to get it done just to be sure and on the safe side. Does anyone know if the Muzzy slip on has any resale value?

Do you think if I was to do the pods setup, Ivans Jet kit, a slip on and jump the rear sproket up 3 teeth I would notice a difference? I dont want to go to a 15 in the front, I would rather get a new chain and cooler looking steel rear sprocket.

Thanks for any input, deffinatley appreciated. Not sure if thats doing a whole lot at once, but I hate doing things in steps. The only thing I most likely wont end up doing is the header, as I guess it kills some low end power? Still kind of interested though as the complete Dale Walker exhaust system is freaking awesome looking.

I know this is the infamous debate, but would it be good to go with Dales Stage 2 jet kit?

The only thing that concerns me is his air out there in Nevada/CA wherever he designed it is very different than the air here on the East coast. Ivan is in NY so hes got the same conditions I do...

I know different alitiudes and humidity levels and air density affect the AF Mixture...

Edit:

Just saw that stage 3 kit... Would that work with the DW highmount slip on system properly? Does it include the Timing Advancer thing?

See Ivans site says DONT advance timing, Dales site says to do it, and it seems so does the Factory pro thing.. Im so freaking lost as what to do...

Last edited:
I've got my timing advanced... works like a champ...

as far as the great debate on tuners.... well... one of them not only makes performance parts... but is listed in every major aftermarket motorcycle parts book, and designs and builds dyno machines that set the standard for gauging performance and tuning....

lol.

What im trying to figure out is if my gearing is stock or not. At 75 im doing like 5000 RPM ish...

Is that normal for a Gen 1? I know ive got the 44T rear sproket, but im not sure if its a 15 or a 16 in front.

So further to Papageno21's question, does anyone have expereience running just a slip on vs a full system and what the affect is in the lower rpms ie do you really notice a bit of a hole in torque without the exup or is it minimal? I know Dale at Holeshot says you barely notice it but I like riding around town in the low to mid rpms.

Tx!

AB

So further to Papageno21's question, does anyone have expereience running just a slip on vs a full system and what the affect is in the lower rpms ie do you really notice a bit of a hole in torque without the exup or is it minimal? I know Dale at Holeshot says you barely notice it but I like riding around town in the low to mid rpms.

Tx!

AB

I run a D&D slip-on with Ivan's Jet Kit and stock airbox and filter. I have great seamless low end power with not flat spots whatsoever. Before the jet kit I had a annoying flat spot at about 3K. Afterwards, that was all history! The bike rips smoothly and effortlessly with my 240lbs aboard no problem. You don't need a full system, nor do you need to remove the exup valve if you have a GenI. GenII's are a different story.

Ok so if the header is a waste of money, the Pods setup with jet kit and +3 in the rear and the Holeshot high mount exhaust should basically kick some ass.

Correct?

Ok so if the header is a waste of money, the Pods setup with jet kit and +3 in the rear and the Holeshot high mount exhaust should basically kick some ass.

Correct?

It would be safe to say that! When you have time you should also check and maintain your EXUP Valve if need be. It's a simple job and should be checked every 11,000 miles or so. Here's the link to my thread on the subject with step by step pictures....http://www.998cc.org/forum/gen-i-tech/6716-exup-valve-servicing.html

no.. it's rather important.

It's about maintaining proper back pressure at low / mid RPM for optimal power delivery.

You buy a header... you give up low-end power... but have slight gains in top end.

Back