Installed Projectors

Installed my projector Headlights today. Here's the result.

Before (Australian Mod uses the pod lights for white park/running lights)

009-4.jpg

After using the Angel eye rings as park lights and pods for turn signals (12led 5w wedge)

006-3.jpg

And with headlights on

012-3.jpg

Last edited:
Where did you hide the ballasts, wiring etc....
Used loop to loop (Super Velcro) To stick all the ballasts etc to the insides of the fairing. I was running out of time for the install as I had to go to a 50th birthday party, so I didn't take many pics.

install pics? price? Looks awesome
They are KT-MT6D 55w 6000k with Angel eyes. No demon eyes as any color apart from amber or white is illegal in Aust. One of the angel eye rings did not work when tested. May have been damaged in transit? Emailed them and sent a pic. New one in my letter box in 3 days.From here

HID kits, HID projectors, projector headlights, HID lights --Kingtech Auto Parts Co., Limited Official website --Powered by MetInfo

5w wedge sockets from here.

T10 W5W 168 194 2825 Light Bulb Extension Socket Connector Holder 147 152 158 1 | eBay

12 Led 5w Wedge globes from here

eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

This photo shows the unpainted reflector, painted projector (black heatproof). The large round aluminum washer was 6mm too large for a good fit in the face of the reflector so I had do shave them down. It was also painted black.

001-6.jpg

The reflectors in etch primer before black paint.

002-7.jpg

Testing them out for focus/alignment before resealing. The masking tape is over the glued areas so it wouldn't pick up dirt etc. I considered not remounting the glass but the glued areas would have been visible and there would have been no cover over the LED's

003-5.jpg

This was a Homer moment. I was testing the fit of the 12 LED's through the hole with the headlights sealed and dropped it! Had to completely remove the fairing again to get it back out.

007-4.jpg

Last edited:
Those look absolutely great! Nice work getting them together.

I've often wondered what the life expectancy of these are and how are they changed when one no longer works... same process?

Really like the look of those on this bike. :tup:

Can't remember how many hrs but its an estimate on their web site 2000? The globes are the easy bit, once everything is mounted, they slide in from the back in almost the same spot/way as usual halogens. A small tab with a screw to hold them in.

First night ride this morning. At first I thought the worst. That as I have a set for right side road riding, the cut out is causing a lot of light to go forward on the right. Not good as we ride/drive to the left here. I have had a think about it and will see if I can fine tune the aiming. Hope so great visibility for me but got to sort out blinding other drivers.

:doh2::doh2::doh2::doh2: Don't know how I did it but the right headlight was set about 5deg higher than the left. Set it up in my drive and covered each light. Wound the left down a bit and left, the right down heaps and left. Will do another test ride later in the week when the min temp is supposed to be 10deg C (it was COLD this morning)

;) 10 degrees is what I'd call close to perfect riding weather Craig. :tup: The bike loves the cool temps and there's no sweating, just ear-to-ear grinning!

When those are mounted to the headlight buckets, do they fit only one way or is there room to wiggle it around and tighten where you want before using the OEM adjustments?

;) 10 degrees is what I'd call close to perfect riding weather Craig. :tup: The bike loves the cool temps and there's no sweating, just ear-to-ear grinning!

Cobalt, I reckon 10 C is pretty cold for a day ride!! Fortunately, it's only for 8 weeks or so and then heats up again. Highest I've felt here in Melbourne was 46 C!! No riding in that heat. I find my N run's best at 20 C plus - get's to a good operating temperature - 90C to 102C - the oil is nice and warm!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cobalt, I reckon 10 C is pretty cold for a day ride!! Fortunately, it's only for 8 weeks or so and then heats up again. Highest I've felt here in Melbourne was 46 C!! No riding in that heat. I find my N run's best at 20 C plus - get's to a good operating temperature - 90C to 102C - the oil is nice and warm!!

:D I'll ride here down to 2 - 3 degrees C. (35 F or higher) After that, it usually means black-ice and/or snow... Good gear and heated grips... :tup:

When those are mounted to the headlight buckets, do they fit only one way or is there room to wiggle it around and tighten where you want before using the OEM adjustments?
With the round washer on the reflector side and the "star" locating washer on the rear, they are pretty well locked to the axis? of the reflector. There is a little wriggle room for rotation though.

Back