Yoshimura R77 full system discontinued

I am again considering purchasing a Gen2 FZ1 and am in the process of researching mods and upgrades available for it. I researched all of this years ago when I was considering the gen2 so
I am pretty familiar with the issues with the bike and the proven solutions one of which is the exhaust replacement. If I remember correctly the Yoshimura full system was the best system to help correct the midrange flatspot and Ivan was selling them from his web site. That Yoshimura R77 system seems to be discontinued now though so I contacted Yoshimura and they verified that unfortunately... I also contacted Graves and they have also discontinued their full system for the FZ1.
The only system I have found is the Arrow but reviews have shown that the Arrow system does not provide the midrange power of the Yosh. Is there any currently available full exhaust that will work well with the Gen 2 FZ1?
I haven't purchased the bike yet but I will probably go with a later version as Yamaha seemed to be constantly evolving the ECU tuning over the years. I am aiming for Supersport Touring for 2 up, getting older and my back doesn't get along with clipons anymore. I want it to be very smooth running with no major flatspots. We have no tuners where I live so I will probably end up sending my ECU to Ivan after I do any intake and exhaust mods. does Ivan do custom mapping on a dyno if you bring the bike to his shop? I'm not familiar with his shop and equipment and hes not local but I would take a trip there if custom tuning is an option.

Still researching this and have also found that Akrapovic used to offer what looks like a nice design full system but it too is discontinued...
Not sure how that Akrapovic system compared to the Yoshimura but I guess that doesn't matter now since neither are available.
I AM still looking for them though! It looks like this issue makes finding a 2nd gen FZ1 with a good design full system already installed a much better value.

Hindle also now has a full system but it's about 1000$ just a little pricey, and Delkevic also makes a full system, that's only about 600$ i have there slip on and really like it a lot.

I did just see the Hindle full system too. I contacted Hindle to get more info on it. What I really need to do is contact Ivan and get his input since he had input into the Yosh full system that is no longer available.
I have found and am considering a 06 FZ1 that appears to be in mint condition with low mileage too! BUT I do know from my earlier research a few years ago that the 06 had the worst fueling and flat spot issues stock. The 06 FZ1 I'm looking at has a 2 bros slip on but the current (2nd) owner doesn't know anything about the bike... The bike is some distance from me so I can't just go look at it to kick the tires which makes it a little more complicated. Looking at Ivan's site it seems like i may be able to get his tune by sending in the stock ECU and no need for a Power Commander these days, that would be nice.
The main reason I am considering the FZ1 is I need a more relaxed riding position AND I need to be able to take my wife on medium distance day trips (100-300 miles)
I would prefer something much lighter but when I showed her the seat on the Aprilia RS660 I got THE glare... understandably..!
I'll update this thread when I get any more info.

The main reason I am considering the FZ1 is I need a more relaxed riding position AND I need to be able to take my wife on medium distance day trips (100-300 miles)
I would prefer something much lighter but when I showed her the seat on the Aprilia RS660 I got THE glare... understandably..!
I'll update this thread when I get any more info.

300 mile jaunts on the rear of a Gen2 would be an act of love.

I always thought it was a strange migration, going from a fz1 to a fjr1300. But in this situation it may be the way to go.

I am trying to get the lightest Supersport tour I can get (afford), we won't ride 2 up much but I at least have to have the option. There really is no perfect bike for what I am wanting as I am considering everything from the RS660 to the 2021 and up base Tuono that has evolved into a sport tourer BUT has a very questionable rear seat. The 2nd gen FZ1 seems to have the best potential although I wish it was lighter... sooo no FJR1300 for me, thanks

I am trying to get the lightest Supersport tour I can get (afford), we won't ride 2 up much but I at least have to have the option. There really is no perfect bike for what I am wanting as I am considering everything from the RS660 to the 2021 and up base Tuono that has evolved into a sport tourer BUT has a very questionable rear seat. The 2nd gen FZ1 seems to have the best potential although I wish it was lighter... sooo no FJR1300 for me, thanks
I have an 06 with Ivan's tune, shifts like butter and smoothly pulls to the moon! I kept the original header,just removed the cat. Same with the muffler, removed the exup butterfly and cut around the tail pipe outlet. Very deep mellow tone, not too loud but you can definitely hear it coming. Plus it looks completely stock(Cali).

I have an 06 with Ivan's tune, shifts like butter and smoothly pulls to the moon! I kept the original header,just removed the cat. Same with the muffler, removed the exup butterfly and cut around the tail pipe outlet. Very deep mellow tone, not too loud but you can definitely hear it coming. Plus it looks completely stock(Cali).
Thanks for that feedback! Encouraging to hear that the gutted header seems to work. Do you have a power commander or using a Ivan flashed OE ECU?

Thanks for that feedback! Encouraging to hear that the gutted header seems to work. Do you have a power commander or using a Ivan flashed OE ECU?
The only mods I have done are the airbox mod, exup removal and ecu flash. Well, and removing both cats(real pain in the arse)

Back