winter fun !

stonesie

R10406motor002.jpg

i reently bought a 5vy engine aparantly its an06 sp model i removed the clutch case to my disgust theres no slipper clutch on removal of the plates i noticed theres no retaining spring im checking the providence with yammaha any way just wondering if i should stick with the fz1 ecu and re map mi power comander or use r1 loom ecu clock s ect any ideas?

Last edited:
The electrical on the engine should work with the Fz1 ECU but you will need to swap the exhaust cam to the Fz1 cam or it wont start as the cam position sensor is in a different location.

just talked our lass into letting me sort mi engine on the kitchen table!!! i switched thevelocity stacks from the r1 air box (a lot smaller ) seems to pick up more from7000rpm
r1-2.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
just a quick update! after a bit more research ive found out the exhaust cam on the r1 engine also has diferent lift hieght . im now moving towards using wiring ECU clock internals ect off r1, this will also allow the engine to rev to 13500 rpm rather than the 12000 rpm the fz ecu allows due to finance this may be a while but ill keep you posted!:)

just talked our lass into letting me sort mi engine on the kitchen table!!! i switched thevelocity stacks from the r1 air box (a lot smaller ) seems to pick up more from7000rpm
r1-2.jpg
[/IMG]

You've got such a nice wife there. I had to get a divorce before I was able to bring bike parts into the house. Hang on to that one bro!

:embarrased: I'm so glad i never said which winter i was going to do this !!!!
just to update this , ive been out of work since july last yr and ive recently broken my heel bone so im no where near where i wanted to be with this. On the up side i picked up the final peice of the jigsaw the otherday . r1 lockset ( here in the uk this includes immobiliser) which dont come cheap , even second hand !
once again the engine now sits on the kitchen table and imchecking the wiring and re routing a few things. HOPEFULLY this will be ready for fitting over the next few weeks so ill keep you posted!!

Last edited:
has not been a year yet....but I've got tons of things to do to update my progression of lunancy endeavor.....parts still sit in the garage....

Ive rushed a couple of bike builds over the yrs and now ive learnt to be a bit patiant . ive had to switch a few electrical bits and im now making a new sub harrness for the front. i think my good lady wants her kitchen table back for christmass so ive got plenty of insentive at the moment mate .:)

Ill just use the fz throttle bodies, the r1 didnt have the lamba sensor which i think controls exces fuel on the fz so ill just keep an eye on the feuling

Back