Wind screen for FZ1n 6' 2" rider

Hi guys, can anybody recommend a Puig or something similar for a FZ1N? I'm 6'2" and would like to know what you guys think the best would be to stop wind blast. Thanks in anticipation.
cheers
Ewen

:welcome: and congrats on the upgrade from the 6!

If you did buy the "N"aked model, you can stop here.... there isn't a viable option for you for wind protection.... but if you bought the Fazer.... Read on.

Perhaps the largest I've seen for the FZ1 is the Cee Bailey. Check it out here. Cee Baileys | Yamaha FZ1 2006 & UP Comfort Windshield Norm had one but I'm not sure what size he ordered... and loved it but he's about my height, 5'10" . I've not seen one taller than this though. You can choose 18, 20 and 22" high. The OEM is 15". 22" will add 7" to the height you now have.

fz1_06_02.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys, can anybody recommend a Puig or something similar for a FZ1N? I'm 6'2" and would like to know what you guys think the best would be to stop wind blast. Thanks in anticipation.
cheers
Ewen

I just installed this windshield on my 08 FZ1, it's from California Scientific. It is 9'' higher and 20'' wide at the bottom. I'mView attachment 15752

View attachment 15753

View attachment 15754

View attachment 15755 6' tall, the wind now flows to the top of my helmet.

cheers
Ewen

I would take a look at the Puig and also the Ermax.

They helps a bit but at the end of the day your riding a naked so it can only do so much.

I have the genuine Yamaha Fly screen myself and it does bugger all lol

http://www.998cc.org/forum/gen-ii-mods/11022-screen-fz1-n.html

Last edited:
I just fitted a puig screen to my fz1n, bit fiddly but it's on :icon_beer:

only owned the bike for couple of weeks but was getting bit fedup with wind blast over 40mph. I rang up local yam dealer and they told me the stock screen was next to useless (at £120) and advised me to get a puig or ermax!

I'll give the puig a try this week and see what's its like.

I read somewhere people were having probs fitting the puig so I've kept instructions if anyone needs them :cowboy:

only owned the bike for couple of weeks but was getting bit fedup with wind blast over 40mph. I rang up local yam dealer and they told me the stock screen was next to useless (at £120) and advised me to get a puig or ermax!

I read somewhere people were having probs fitting the puig so I've kept instructions if anyone needs them :cowboy:

I've had the bike now for nearly 3 years and the wind blast doesn't seem to affect me as much as it did when it was new.
I think you get used to it over time.

Hi, what puig screen did you fit?
atb
Ewen

I've had the bike now for nearly 3 years and the wind blast doesn't seem to affect me as much as it did when it was new.
I think you get used to it over time.

yeah possibly I know what u mean. it's my first naked bike so I'm getting used to it, but I was thinking any screen is better than none

Hi, what puig screen did you fit?
atb
Ewen
hi this is the screen I got

FZ-1 06-10 Puig Dark Tint Screen - Suitable for Aprilia SMV 750 (Dorsoduro) SL 750 (Shiver) SL 750 (Shiver) 850 (Mana) BMW F 800 (R) Ducati M 696 (Monster) 1100 (Hypermotard) 1100 (Hypermotard S) Honda CB 600 (Hornet) CB 600 (Hornet) CB 600 (Hornet C

excellent delivery, arrived next day.

bloke in work has got an 06 and I'm guessing he has the stock screen as it just covers the clocks. this one is bit bigger.

most of my mileage is in town so I don't want a big touring screen

I'll post a photo later when we get some sunshine down here!

tried out the puig screen today, definite improvement compared to no screen.

still expect fair amount of wind on motorways, I'll find out on Sunday when i goto silverstone for the motogp.

as i said, took fz1 to silverstone for the motogp, great day btw. i did ~180 miles today, about 150 on motorway. fair amount of wind at 75 to 80mph although it was bit chilly at 7am. 90mph and above it got bit interesting :-D

kind of what u expect from a non faired bike but tbh wasnt that bad at all, I'm hoping the screen helped with that.

side note, i got 45mpg today from motorway riding which i was amazed about but also very happy. what a bike!

Back