Why Did You Buy your FZ1 ?

Congrats on the new wheels.

Was looking for a good mid-weight sport tourer. Sat on it and knew the FZ1 was it, however, I also considered the Honda VFR800. Very happy so far, but then again I just picked the bike up today and only put 30 miles on it. Will be ordering the Givi hard-bags this week.

I think you'll like the Givi bags. Since I got mine I don't leave home without them. At some point you will probably want to lose the stock "canon" to cancel the weight added by the racks and bags (not that they weigh much).

I think you'll like the Givi bags. Since I got mine I don't leave home without them. At some point you will probably want to lose the stock "canon" to cancel the weight added by the racks and bags (not that they weigh much).

Where did you get the Givi luggage system from? Twistedthrottle.com? Sportourer.com?

I drove both the 2005 FZ6 and then the 2008 FZ6. I traded up for the FZ1 for the following reasons:

1. It took SOOOO long to get through a tank of fuel on the FZ6. :doh2: I couldn't stand riding THAT many miles without stopping. My savings account was still growing and getting too fat with the lack of fuel expense.

2. I *NEEDED* more POWER! The 6 just couldn't haul my fat arse around fast enough and I am simply too darned American and lazy with my desk job to do the free FZ6 HP increase (lose 30 lbs) so I bought MORE HP.

3. Adjustable suspension - FZ6 doesn't have it, FZ1 does! One day, I'll actually adjust it too! :retard:

4. Looks! The FZ6 has such a FAT head on the front! I like the smaller fairing on the FZ1... this allows a TON more air to hit my chest and really has strengthened my neck (trying to hold my bobble-head still at socially spirited speeds).

5. You all have one!

6. I can't stand to own a bike outright and simply HAD to have payments again! :wilynily:

7. It was Cobalt Blue, like my '08 FZ6. I only wanted the FZ1 bars but they told me the whole damned bike had to go with it. Stupid me, eh?

8. I want to kill myself FASTER! (Of course, I went the wrong way on engine size since a damned Ninja 250 can haul arse through the corners a LOT faster than my heavy beast of burden)

9. I wanted to change my forum name to hide my past mistakes! It is still a secret as to whom I *USED* to be!

10. I wanted to say :flip: to everyone who doesn't have an FZ1. :Rockon:

It really boils down to being the cheapest and coolest bike I could get for the money. My roomate pointed it out to me on our companies personal for sale site. It was in good shape, clean, and had low miles. Once I started researching the bike I read that it is a comfortable and quick machine for me to get my feet wet again. I'm not insured on the bike yet so I haven't done anything too crazy, kept it under 140 mph on the way back from buying it :) I've always enjoyed the look of more traditional sport bikes over the nakeds but I still get a hard on when I look at this bike. This is going to be a good summer.

Why the FZ1?

I have a friend in Mississippi that collects all sorts of motorcycles and the first time I saw the 2003 FZ1, I fell in love with this machine. I have been looking for one in my area for a while and finally found one that was reasonably close and bought it. I have only rode it a couple of times but so far it is even better than I thought it would be. I just ordered new tires for the front and back and can't wait to go for a spin!

Because it was in the store, when i was looking for a Kawasaki Z1000. I sat on it and said shit this feel good. Hated the color (black) but I could get over that since it's small and not like a car/truck. Didn't even know about it before I saw it one day in the store, next day it was in my driveway. That simple

I needed a new commuter bike and was hoping this bike would fit the bill. I was hoping for something that would have similar engine and handling performance compared to my 07 GSXR 1000 but with a lot more comfort. In 6 months I have put on a little more than 10,000 miles and can tell you that my only true disappointment is the seat, which hopefully I will have corrected in the next few weeks. Even with a horrible shock this bike handles extremely well and although the power is pretty milf, the engine is real flexible. The more I ride this bike the more I like it. It hasn't quite won my heart over like my Bandit or Hayabusa have, but it is starting to. I think after I change the seat and shock and get this bike out for a track day I might find this bike moving up in to a favorite category.

Don't say to one up my friend, don't say to one up my friend, don't say to one up my friend (Honda 919)...

To one up my... Boss (Kawasaki Z1000)?

photo.jpg

I'm still a relatively fresh rider. First started out on an early 80's Kawasaki Vulcan 750 a few years back, and despite how reliable it was, I wanted something newer. Stepped up to a VStrom 650 which I thouroughly enjoyed, but after a while I started realizing that it just wasn't me. Plus the fact that I lost about a hundred pounds, and felt like rewarding myself. I can't recall where I first saw the FZ1, but I had known for about eight months or so that I wanted a second gen FZ1. Picked up a still new '09 last month, and I've been in love with it ever since!

Last edited:
Was in the market for a newer sport touring bike. Hated the ole loud piped slug bug 2002 shadow 1100. I had a 93 wrangler for sale, a guy asked if I'd trade for a 06 fz1 with only 3700 miles on her. I said yes:-} Best trade I ever did. Now it has givi e41 keyless bags on the sides, a givi 39l on top all led turns and breaks and a touring shield. I later tried out a 2012 fjr and really liked it, but it wasn't an fz1. I srill like it better for my riding machine

I too was in the market for a new ride, but wasn't sure what I wanted this time? Came across the FZ1 while looking at something else and it just kinda grew on me. Plus, I got a screaming deal on a new bike and just couldn't pass it up. I started out looking for something a little bit different than what I have owned in the past and ended up buying a bike that was similar to most the bikes that I owned.

Back