When do I need to repack?

Hello All,

Just bought a Two Brothers Carbon Exhaust off another member. Still waiting on weather or not it has been repacked. Has about 8k known miles, can I finish out the season and repack over the winter, or should I do it ASAP.
Thanks

I've got 17k on mine and have yet to re-pack it. ;) Seems to be doing well. But after the Ivan flash, it's taking quite a thrashing. :Rockon: So that might happen sooner than later.

when I get the exhaust is there any way to tell if it needs to be done?

The way I check is one of those extendable mirrors with a light on it. Look into the holes to see if the packing is still intact. If you see holes with missing packing, it is time.

What's the noise ordinance out your way? Seacoast is 102 db... and they are a little strict. I put the P1X tip in and it passed the test. I have a spare P4 tip that also passes the State's test if you need it.

couldn't tell ya about the Db levels in the city, I will be looking at the P1X, tip, Ill let ya know if anything changes. Great I have a mirror when it gets here Ill give it a look Thanks

On a dirt bike typically you repack every 30 hours of HARD ridding. Obviously a street bike is engineered differently. It depends on the rpm range you typically get in and if the packing has ever gotten wet. Either way the packing should only be $30.00 usd on the high side so may as we'll make it a DIY project over the winter if you are not ridding

Yo 08 ihave the same pipe and I repacked it with the same mileage 8000 mi and it was fine it looked like it would be good till 16,000 mi. The pipe has steel wool attached to core the steel wool goes on slim sides of pipe. GOOD LUCK

Back