Whats the best Slip on exhaust

I have a 08 lava red fz1 and need some good sound advice on the best slip on exhaust, I want a nice sounding and stainless one. Any suggestions will be helpful. Regards Jim

really depends what you're looking for out of the exhaust (and even then it all comes down to personal preference). are you looking for a performance mod, or just looks and sound?

also, welcome to the forum.

There are so many available.
Try to do a search for slip-on exhaust and look at some pictures of them on bikes.
Most of them are very similar in power output, I guess it depends upon what you like the look of.
I personally have an Akrapovic carbon hex slip-on which even with 80mm cut off the end is still not too loud.

i had the two brothers m2 v.a.l.e. and now have the mivv suono, and i really like both exhausts. they both look and sound good, but i personally like the looks and sound of the mivv better than the two brothers. here is a video i made comparing the two. i made a mistake though, because the two brothers is aluminum and not titanium. the two brothers also looks weird because it "fogged up" after taking it out of the cold garage into the muggy hot outside air.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWhns4qIxJU]Yamaha FZ-1 exhausts - YouTube[/ame]

I have the Two Bros Titanium and love that can. In NH, I had to put in the P4 tip to make it legal though. :( Didn't drop performance though...just made it quieter.

I made my own for 70 bucks and its tunable. Look up a thread by Eric Larson about super trapp exhuasts. Pretty neat stuff if you are a DIYer

I'm going to have to throw mine in just because it usually gets passed over. There are 4 or 5 brands that FZ1 owners love and I just wanted some variety. I really wanted a Micron GP but it's for the Gen 2. I think that is the sharpest slip on out there. It gives the bike an amazing sleek, fast look.
FZ-120OSSY4620blck20sm.jpg

If I could have found a way to fit that to my Gen 1 I would have done it in a heartbeat. LOL In fact, after talking it over with several people - that may be the next project. :D

However, I went wit the M4 exhaust because I wanted a loud, aggressive sounding exhaust. This thing makes your bike sound angry but it's not so loud that it's obnoxious.

mcxapw.jpg

Whatever you do - I would recommend going to youtube. There are TONS of videos that show you the look and sounds of all the exhausts out there. It will really help you make up your mind.

I'm going to have to throw mine in just because it usually gets passed over. There are 4 or 5 brands that FZ1 owners love and I just wanted some variety. I really wanted a Micron GP but it's for the Gen 2. I think that is the sharpest slip on out there. It gives the bike an amazing sleek, fast look.

I agree, and would have bought one of these even if they cost a bit more. But they stopped making these a while ago, and they are nearly impossible to find.

You can't go wrong with a Remus Power Cone, quality product. You can take the baffle out as well. Just google Remus Powercone on images. You can see on my pictures what it's like. It pop's pritty loud when taking the power off.

They are all just a 2inch hole, looks and sound are the most important factors for most. Something I noticed when going from a two bro's slipon to a yoshi full system was weight. I didn't put them on a scale but the two bros probably weighs half of the weight of the yoshi can.

Back