What did you do to your Non-FZ1 motorcycle today.

Man you are crazy!!! :justkidding:

Just out of curiousity how many hours were you cleaning the bike after that ride???

I haven't yet. Going out to get dirty again in an hour. This time a little higher elevation and more snow, maybe a Grizzly or two....must remember the bear spray today.:eyebrow:

I put a new Garmin GPS power cable in the KTM/TR 320 XCF-W. The old one (about 1 year old) was only putting out 2.47 V instead of 5 V (battery was @ 13.42 V).

Now it works.

Cheers,

MrHix

The Suzook/GPS today

Today I got started on the GARMIN 255W GPS power cord installation. I used a dedicated 12V socket, I like securely taping the power supply unit to it. I mounted this inside and under the tunnel frame. It is nestled between the throttle body and the starter over the top of the transmission.

Next, I fished the cord up into the fusebox for routing to the center panel. I plan to locate the GPS unit on the plastic cover between the handlebar base.

For unit power I located the headlight wire (solid yellow) and the ground wire (black w/red stripe) and soldered into those right at the fusebox. Neat and tidy!

I disassembled the lower cover to drill and mount the GPS cradle with a heavy metal backing plate for stiffness. Once mounted and checked for clearence (lock to lock), I plugged her in and wala !! GPS navigation for $42.08 shipped (off ebay, of course) !

I can remove the GPS unit and completely reverse the install and only the small, 3/32nd hole in the lower plastic cover would remain. A SUZUKI stick-on emblem would easily hide that !! w0000t !!

Just another day.

I hope that your horses are faster through the mud than a hungry Grizzly bear!! :D

Have fun and take care!!!

Well we saw snow, but no bears. I even had the spray zip tied to the extra fuel can on top of the bike so it was easy to get to in a hurry. That's probably why.;)

Rode in the woods to a view point.

IMG_0003.jpg

Took in the view

IMG_0004.jpg

Stopped to smell the Crocus(es)
IMG_0001.jpg

Rode the high pass

IMG_0006.jpg

Saw a little rain and a little snow (and enjoyed my heated grips).

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

Got home and had a big shot of scotch.

Lee, you have to stop posting those adventure riding photos. Some of us here are easily influenced

But then what would I post? :embarrased: I am leaving in 3 weeks for a mix of Pavement and Dirt ride from home to Utah, through Montana, Idaho, and Colorado, Wyoming on the way back. I will try to make the pictures that have twisty paved roads show up more often. We will all be on ugly dual-sports and wearing funny looking, un-stylish clothing so I will try to keep the human shots to the good looking locals along the way.:Liar:

I followed the wife to her work when I should have been sleeping (I work nights, she's on days). The day was so beautiful, I insisted she ride her Ninja 250r to work. She had her new Zero Gravity Double Bubble to test. The only problem was she needs to take 3 large trays of cookies. The Ninja wouldn't carry them without turning them to crumbs, so I followed her in my Santa Fe.

View attachment 10530
View attachment 10531
View attachment 10532

It was worth it to see her enjoy riding so much. It is harder for her to ride to work. Women's dress clothes don't work well for riding and there are still stereotypes about women and motorcycles that bother her a bit. She has a good tank bag to take her clothes and I try to encourage her to ride when possible, even if I can't ride too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I followed the wife to her work when I should have been sleeping (I work nights, she's on days). The day was so beautiful, I insisted she ride her Ninja 250r to work. She had her new Zero Gravity Double Bubble to test. The only problem was she needs to take 3 large trays of cookies. The Ninja wouldn't carry them without turning them to crumbs, so I followed her in my Santa Fe.

View attachment 10530
View attachment 10531
View attachment 10532

It was worth it to see her enjoy riding so much. It is harder for her to ride to work. Women's dress clothes don't work well for riding and there are still stereotypes about women and motorcycles that bother her a bit. She has a good tank bag to take her clothes and I try to encourage her to ride when possible, even if I can't ride too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a great hubby you are Troy!

Back