What did you do to your Non-FZ1 motorcycle today.

Working on modding my trailer. Below I am tracing out the border of my 6gallon gas can, small ice chest and ramp. I am going to make borders with 1" X 2" that each item will seat in to and then use bungees or cargo nets to hold them down. I will paint the wood for each nest with the same gray that the plywood is painted with. Will post as I progress.

One shot of the VFR just because!

13636d1363301815-what-did-you-do-your-non-fz1-motorcycle-today-dsc04715.jpg

I love the look of this bike.

Working on modding my trailer. Below I am tracing out the border of my 6gallon gas can, small ice chest and ramp. I am going to make borders with 1" X 2" that each item will seat in to and then use bungees or cargo nets to hold them down. I will paint the wood for each nest with the same gray that the plywood is painted with. Will post as I progress.

That should work out nice. You know that H.F. has the metal Gear Box for the front of the trailer on sale now. It locks and can store a lot of stuff. Just letting you know. The best part is it doesn't take up any square footage of the actual trailer. It bolts to the triangular section up front.

:ditto:

my Gixxer race bitch: I started to sand the damaged parts but what the heck sanded the entire body, and did not remove the stickers. I sanded it with 400grain and she looks now kinda rough but cleaner (?) (will post pics when she's back together.)
Before that I replaced all oils (engine and brakes), replaced oil and air filter, replaced brake pads and put new Dunlop Sportsmart Qualifier RR on her shoes.

Let the race season begin :waiting:

Making a little progress on the trailer now that some of my other projects around the house are done. As soon as the paint dries I will slap the ice chest in there for another photo. Gives me several inches of clearance with the DRZ and maybe 1" clearance with the VFR.

Very good idea Brad. I need to fab up a way for my wheel chocks to go on and off without turning wrenches. I have the HF chocks as well. A friend suggested mounting them to a sheet of plywood, slide that in and use some screws to attach it to the trailer. I'd like something maybe metal that I can lock to the frame..... now that I have the welder..... thoughts are rolling! :D

Making a little progress on the trailer now that some of my other projects around the house are done. As soon as the paint dries I will slap the ice chest in there for another photo. Gives me several inches of clearance with the DRZ and maybe 1" clearance with the VFR.

That looks awesome Brad! What paint did you use on the plywood surface?

Very good idea Brad. I need to fab up a way for my wheel chocks to go on and off without turning wrenches. I have the HF chocks as well. A friend suggested mounting them to a sheet of plywood, slide that in and use some screws to attach it to the trailer. I'd like something maybe metal that I can lock to the frame..... now that I have the welder..... thoughts are rolling! :D

I leave my chock on all the time. Even when folded.

....and the one for the 5 gallon gas fuel tank.

13662d1363546095-what-did-you-do-your-non-fz1-motorcycle-today-dsc04726.jpg

Done with the left side. Now I need to figure out how I am going to secure my ramp.

This was from the "Yamahahauler Thread" Just an idea.

I drilled two 3/8 holes through the ramp and deck and locked the ramp down with two bolts with wing nuts and washers. It works great!
IMG_3167.jpg

The Harbor Freight Wheel Chock worked great too!
IMG_3168.jpg

A close-up of how the ramp is held secure.
IMG_3169.jpg

Or this updated shot with how I finally went with hauling the ramp.....
IMG_3382.jpg

Last edited:
I drilled two 3/8 holes through the ramp and deck and locked the ramp down with two bolts with wing nuts and washers. It works great!

A close-up of how the ramp is held secure.
IMG_3169.jpg

Thanks Billy! That is exactly what I am going to do. I will frame each end to prevent any shifting and then simply place 2-3 bolts all the way through to secure it in transit.

Thanks Billy! That is exactly what I am going to do. I will frame each end to prevent any shifting and then simply place 2-3 bolts all the way through to secure it in transit.

You got it pal. If you'd like a quicker dismount idea, you could use some 3/8 Clevis Pins with H.D. Cotter Pins to secure it. I chose the bolts so that it would hold the ramp down tight and I wouldn't hear anything rattling while I drove down the road.

Back