What did you do to your Non-FZ1 motorcycle today.

I pushed mine home from work yesterday after killing my battery to the point where it wouldn't even push start

It was a hell of a workout

I hope it wasn't too far. Ouch. You may want to pack a small Battery Tender to take to work. Just tell them it's an electric bike and you need to charge it before going home. :embarrased:

757582d1348381775-safety-care-all-pakwheels-lovers-safety21a_xuq_pakwheels-com-.gif

I agree!
After a particularly bad battery incident - I keep a small charger in my desk drawer. I have used it on a few occasions when my battery was weak and it was COLD. Best $20 I ever spent.

I was putting new grips the DRZ (stock ones are blister factories) only to find that the DRZ throttle grip is bonded to the throttle tube. There is no separating them. It is one piece. So I ordered a new aftermarket throttle tube from thumpertalk.com. I will get the throttle grip on this weekend.

I could have scraped the rubber off the of tub but I am lazy.

No they were literally bonded in manufacturing as one piece. I could use a razor and scrape the rubber off and then use a dremmel to shave off all the ridges from the tube but I am too lazy and I want it to be "finished" even though I would not see it.

I went this route on my old klx250 it was such a pain!

It is warm enough! There are off road classes at marble Falls in March. I am thinking about doing that.

LOL
It's 28 degrees in Marble Falls right now.
Well I would love to head over there....I just have to figure out how to get there. My truck is still down so I have to try to get that fixed.
I will look up the classes and see if I can work something out.

EDIT:

Hey Brad - could you post up a link to the motorcycle courses? I couldn't find it. I found the 4x4 classes but I haven't seen the moto version. This is all I could find.

Hidden Falls Adventure Park - Off Road School

LOL
I did notice that they feature bachelor parties. HAHAHA!!!! Not sure where the strippers come from?!?!?! :doh2:

Last edited:
Went on my first real ride on the VFR. Played around with suction cup mount position and practiced a little video editing in prep for the season.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PUL3KxSIKc"]VFR Camera Self Angle Test - YouTube[/ame]

Rode my KTM Supermoto about 250 miles in the Motherlode Gold Country of Northern Ca. Damn this is a fun bike for ripping up the back roads.

IMG_0800_zps57e21a56.jpg

We did talk to the owner of this 79 CB750 k

IMG_0804_zps928ed819.jpg

And the owner of this nice Duc but I like my Katoom more :D

IMG_0805_zps61075510.jpg

700s died on me Friday out and about. Key swith extraction yesterday showed icky contacts again ?? Clean and put the thing back together to have it go south again. Good think I have spair parts.

Brad that is Bad Ass. What software are you using ? I still need a card and suction cup. That bike sounds sweet by the way.

I am officially registered for my first novice off road class. Time to get the DRZ dirty. Trust me. I need it.

13275d1361240011-what-did-you-do-your-non-fz1-motorcycle-today-capture.jpg

This course will cover the following:
  • •Motorcycle Dynamics
  • •Adjusting the Motorcycle to the Rider
  • •Balance Exercise
  • •Proper lifting of a downed Motorcycle
  • •Rider Position on the Motorcycle for off-road
  • •Enduro Steering
  • •Warm-up on Motorcycle drill
  • •Slow Riding
  • •Riding in a circle
  • •Navigating Figure-8's with balance & clutch control
  • •Proper riding technique for Washboards
  • •Proper body position for Camel Humps
  • •Proper foot peg weighing for Ruts
  • •Emergency stopping on a hill
This course is approximately 5 hours in duration, at a cost of $195.00/per participant.

racebike Gixxer 750 K1

*put new Dunlop Sport Smarts on the rims
*taking off all calipers and subject to a thorough cleaning
*drained all fluids
*ordered new fluids
*ordered new oil and air filter
*acquired new brake pads
*slowly start sanding the damaged spots and repaint them

I am officially registered for my first novice off road class. Time to get the DRZ dirty. Trust me. I need it.

13275d1361240011-what-did-you-do-your-non-fz1-motorcycle-today-capture.jpg

This course will cover the following:
  • •Motorcycle Dynamics
  • •Adjusting the Motorcycle to the Rider
  • •Balance Exercise
  • •Proper lifting of a downed Motorcycle
  • •Rider Position on the Motorcycle for off-road
  • •Enduro Steering
  • •Warm-up on Motorcycle drill
  • •Slow Riding
  • •Riding in a circle
  • •Navigating Figure-8's with balance & clutch control
  • •Proper riding technique for Washboards
  • •Proper body position for Camel Humps
  • •Proper foot peg weighing for Ruts
  • •Emergency stopping on a hill
This course is approximately 5 hours in duration, at a cost of $195.00/per participant.

I guess some exercises will be repeated several times :)

•Motorcycle Dynamics
•Adjusting the Motorcycle to the Rider
•Balance Exercise
Proper lifting of a downed Motorcycle
•Rider Position on the Motorcycle for off-road
•Enduro Steering
•Warm-up on Motorcycle drill
•Slow Riding
•Riding in a circle
•Navigating Figure-8's with balance & clutch control
•Proper riding technique for Washboards
•Proper body position for Camel Humps
•Proper foot peg weighing for Ruts
•Emergency stopping on a hill

st 1300

I put a new shoria battery in my 07 st today the original battery is still working i figured it was about time other than brakes tires new fluids this is the first thing i had to replace in 30,000

Back