What did you do to your FZ today?

I had the same issue, I got a new flash realy for less, plugs in under seat where stock flasher relay is. I think 12oclock labs asks one. As for my bike, I noticed the rear sprocket had a slight "wobble" to it when spinning rear wheel. Took rear wheel off, cleaned and lubed the cush drive, checke the sprocket on a piece of glass for warp, re-torqued studs, put it all together and realigned wheel, no more wobble and there is also no more vibrations in the heel guard!

Met up with BDazzler for the Lake Bloomington ride to sample Illinois' twisties. Had a spot of rain but it was very light. I rode about 240 miles and BDazzler about 315 (I live in Bloomigton IL so I rode out to a starting point about 35 miles away for me).

We finished up the ride in Champaign IL and went our separate ways home.

All in all it was a great rride.

Met up with BDazzler for the Lake Bloomington ride to sample Illinois' twisties. Had a spot of rain but it was very light. I rode about 240 miles and BDazzler about 315 (I live in Bloomigton IL so I rode out to a starting point about 35 miles away for me).

So what are the roads like around that lake?

What he said! (Me 2)

Great time and the weather held. I don't even count the sprinkle. Just enough to see the drops on the windshield and visor.

I wrote a bit about the trip in the Central IL section. View attachment 15939

At one stop light, OldBiker had a yellow butterfly that was trying to molest his yellow (matched the butterfly color) helmet. LOL
View attachment 15940

View attachment 15941

View attachment 15942

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like when I get back on two wheels it will be road trip time!!! Make it a weekend ride. I wanna check out starved rock state park out there too.

I rode that beeotch at about 12k RPMs!

Met our member vandal_xx today. He came over to get his TB sync done. Since we were under a time crunch and I had an Xterra in the driveway in pieces, we didn't do much for video/pics on his bike, nor did I get to Michele's. So the DIY will be a night this week I think. Anyway, vandal_xx got a bit more than he expected when he came over. I can let him tell you all about it. After we wrapped up everything, Michele and I rode out about halfway to his home and sent him on his way. For the first 20 or so miles, I had him on my bike so he could try out the suspension and the Ivan flash. We swapped for the last 30 miles and we split up at the highway. Michele and I stopped at one of our favorite places to eat on the way back. (Billy, we need to take you there!)

It was a very productive day in the Busted Knuckle garage. Besides all we did to Nick's bike, the Xterra was fitted with a siren, wig-wag headlights, LED wig-wags in the front and rear windows and a switchbox to control it all. All of the wiring was professionally hidden and all connections except the switchbox were pre-tinned, soldered and heat shrinked. We ran out of time for the switchbox so that is wire-nuts until I can have him back over. When we were done, you'd almost not know we had half the dash and part of the interior all out. Looks factory.

Looks like when I get back on two wheels it will be road trip time!!! Make it a weekend ride. I wanna check out starved rock state park out there too.

Starved Rock and the area surrounding it is very nice. Not really twisty but along the Illinois River you can find a few bluffs and curves.

I rode up to LaSalle with a friend to have dinner at the Uptown Grill, it was very nice.

Starved Rock and the area surrounding it is very nice. Not really twisty but along the Illinois River you can find a few bluffs and curves.

I rode up to LaSalle with a friend to have dinner at the Uptown Grill, it was very nice.

Yeah Starved Rock will be more to satisfy my shutterbug habits. :icon_beer:

Went for a ride to Newcomb's Ranch for brekkie. Bugger it was bloody hot though!

Saw this on the side of a World Superbike rep BMW. Unfortunate spelling mistake and the poor owner now knows what a prat is. ;)

Installed these Night Design pegs today. At 52 years of age and a 36'' inseam, these pegs are a welcome addition to my 08 FZ1.

...Snip.....

Just got back from a nice ride. Its 24 Celsius in Edmonton witch is rare at this time of year. The pegs felt good and I didn't notice any vibration.

Those sure are nice looking pegs :tup:

How is the grip compared to the stock pegs with the rubber pad? I've been looking at those but living where it rains a lot I would hate to end up with slippery pegs in the rain.

Good to hear you did not have any complaints about more vibration. That was my other concern.

Jon...

looks like you had a great ride, ride forever. Mark.

looks like you had a great ride, ride forever. Mark.

Back