What did you do to your FZ today?

I shall at last be able to write something in here soon... Some piece of $h*t put a 6inch scrape down the side of my exhaust!

Will now need to be re-powdercoated. In for a service thing tomorrow however...

Finished up the Retrofit:

img0281c.jpg

img0279fx.jpg

img0277sr.jpg

It's been a while since I posted in here, so here's the list of what's been done since last time:

-Removed all chrome/silver bits because I hate them and they're ugly and heavy.
-removed pasenger pegs. Discarded left hand one, cnc'd off peg on RH one and removed unnecessary material. Powder coated to match side covers.
View attachment 11463
-Ivans jet kit.
-K&N + Airbox mod
-LSL powder coated black rearsets
-mirror delete, added folding bar-end mirrors
-dark blue double bubble screen

View attachment 11462

It's getting pretty close to how I want it. Saving up now for a brembo front MC+braided lines and a front fork respring/rebuild. At that point I think it will be at a stopping point and I'll start saving for a 400 supermoto.

Rode everyday to work!

Rode to work today. Been getting a lot of commuting in lately. It has been nice!

My wife is off tending to her mom after a heart surgery, so no carpooling.

:thewave::cheers::the wave:

I love wearing earplugs on this bike. Less noise = less stress (and this is with the db killer in on my Leo Vinci).

Braved a wet and busy pre-Olympics London to get my FZ some new boots. Went with Michelin PR3s. Didn't enjoy the hour trip in and back very much at all.

Failed to mount rear tire. I picked up a nail in my old one on the way to the rally. Finally got around to taking the wheel off and replacing the sprocket bolts and nuts last week. Then I fixed the damage done the first time I took the wheel off (don't ask). Cleaned up the rear end, checked those bearings, etc.

Once I realized the patch/plug thing wouldn't work, I finally put rim guards on my HF changer this week.
DSCF5631.JPG

I was really excited to see how they'd work. Only problem was I didn't know exactly how to tighten the rim in the changer. After failing to figure it out, I spent a few hours studying pics on the internet and finally got an understanding of what I was doing wrong (that collar doesn't go against the clamp holder thing--I know y'all knew that without even thinking about it).
IMG_20120714_165054.jpg

Rim tight, tire in place--actually hot after sitting in hot sun for a few hours. Tire is half on and I've given up. I realize I just don't understand how to mount a tire. :banghead: Others make it look so easy! I can take it off fine, just can't put it on :cry: Gave up and decided to take it to get it mounted but couldn't because the radiator is out on my Brother's car and I loaned him mine so he could get to work.

Called Cruzman and told him we couldn't do
attachment.php

as planned. He agreed to come save my ass once again. He'll ride over in the morning to mount the tire then we'll hit some of our local favorites instead. In the meantime, the changer with tire is still sitting in the driveway because there's no room in the garage (thanks to aforementioned brother, local laws, and his junk car). Guess I'll move it inside when I walk the dawgs later.

IMG_20120714_165043.jpg

Anybody local willing to give me an in person tutorial, you can come over change your tires when ever you need to :D

Last edited:
Don't sweat it Patrice. I'm sure once he shows you how it's done you'll be changing them like nobody's business. Is this your first time on the 023's? If so your gonna love them.

:eyebrow: I think you told me that the last time I tried to change a tire.

This is my second set. I really like their performance but am a bit disappointed that the "improved" wear over the previous ones was no where near advertised for me.

They are much harder to install than the 21s. It took both of us on the ground with knees on the tire to get that damned thing mounted. Bridgestone should advertise that this tire does not install well with a manual changer and requires brute strength, cursing, luck, and prayers all at the same time. Now I have a scratched rear rim to match the front (on one side only, my new rim protectors on the tire changer are awesome!). :shaking head:

Cruzman keeps telling me to switch to the Michelins but at the prices I've gotten for the 'Stones, I can pay to have them mounted and still be cheaper than the PR whatevers. I've ridden his bike with the PR whatevers both in wet and dry conditions. I like my 'Stones in the wet. They seemed about the same to me in the dry.

I like the Angel STs too and get a little better wear with those (when I don't get a nail in the damned tire).

I did get in a ride today after we got the tire mounted. We dodged (mostly) rain showers all day but had a great time. I'll post the track and mileage once I pull it off of the gps. I almost changed my mind about riding today because I didn't want to be "rescued" again with the tire. It's a good thing Cruzman convinced me to let him do it (more like I'm leaving and will see you soon). He said he didn't think he could install that tire by himself.

Hey, I just noticed I graduated to "Threadhead"!

Last edited:
Back