What did you do to your FZ today?

Interesting design on the GPS holder. I take it that you will be replacing one of the top clamps of the handlebars with this piece once it is finished. Then using a Ram mount arm?

Uhhhhhh, probably piss you off but you asked! I hate it. Luckily is yours though, if you like it thats all that really matters.

thankfully i dont let people piss me off, you stick to your sissy cream and ill stick to ridin yomama :popcorn:

ya must be havin a bad day, :nana:

Last edited by a moderator:
It actually bolts on to the bars either next to the risers or if I go with shorter risers it will go in between the risers.

After I get the bike home I need to measure the bars then bore the holder out .005 bigger than the bar diameter.

The rectangle base is 2 pieces. I milled them bolted together so that there are no lines.

Since I can't seem to come up with $500.00 for the oem euro kit I went with a $30.00 set up off ebay. I know it's ugly but I can't stand the fixed light and gauges, I pulled the fairing off the first season. For 30 bucks I'll be happy if it lasts one season.

Changed my oil, wishful thinking I could ride already. Noticed as I was writing down the mileage it was the 7th oil change I have done to this bike (currently 9530 miles). I guess too much is better than not enough.

This morning pulled the front right wheel off the new Impala I bought my wife last fall. She decided to bounce off a curb Friday taking my dog to the vet in a snowstorm (big ****ing emergency getting his nails clipped, etc :wtf: ). Dealer wanted $497.00 to fix, I just ordered brand new wheel and cover online for $100.00.
IMG-20120225-00647.jpg

Last edited:
Tickets could be easy.

Got ANOTHER freaking speeding ticket, 15 over...ugh..

Thats SUCKS.

I've rented LONG FAT HDs for the last 10 years, so it was too much work to get a speeding ticket. But with the redline, HP and weight of this 08 FZ1, it could be VERY easy to get in trouble. The smallest HD I ever rented (Dyna Super Glide) was 200 lbs heavier than this bike.

When I crack the throttle in 3rd at 3,000 rpm, the acceleration reminds of the 2 Cycle dirt bikes I rode in my teens.

:worship:

Dang . . . ..8^(

Got ANOTHER freaking speeding ticket, 15 over...ugh..

Dang Pete . . . . what a bummer. I was riding the HELIX today when an unmarked State Trooper (Mustang GT) went around me and got the mini van I was following !! I was going 60 and the van about 65 in a 55 zone. I got home and kissed the ole HELIX. She looks just like the scooter she is, and the trooper didn't even give me a second look . . . . . (whew . . .)

Back