What did you do to your FZ today?

After a year and a half, I finally hooked up my 2 bank battery tender to my wife's (bought new April '10) '09 Ninja 250r and my (bought used Oct '10 with 1600 miles) '07 FZ1. Both batteries started at 80% charge and were fully charged in a few hours. I guess I didn't hurt anything in waiting, :nothing: but I did mean to do it sooner. :spank2:

Battery-Tender-2-Bank-1.25.gif

Instaled 8K HIDs today in like 20 mins per side; but I think they're too bright, I don't want to piss folks off at night but I will leave them in until i do some night riding to see the reaction. If I get flashed i will purchase the 6K kit. My wife bought this for me for my birthday but she bought 8K, shudda told her 6K when I showed her the website.

Gotsta give her credit for trying :)

Last edited:
I got 8k 55w and think they're too bright too. Been scewing them down after every morning ride (4:30 start) I don't think they'll get any lower now. Might put some of those smoked headlight covers over them?

You can fit regular bulbs with almost the same brightness as xenons, they're called Philips XP Moto

Not really bike related per say but...........replaced my wife's cheapo HJC helmet for something a lot better. She balked at the price when I ordered it but when she put it on today she understood. I tried telling her .10 cent helmets are for .10 cent heads, now she gets it. :tup:
IMG-20120223-00642.jpg

Not really bike related per say but...........replaced my wife's cheapo HJC helmet for something a lot better. She balked at the price when I ordered it but when she put it on today she understood. I tried telling her .10 cent helmets are for .10 cent heads, now she gets it. :tup:
IMG-20120223-00642.jpg

Man! Those are sweet lids!! I wanted to get an Arai but it was just too steep for me in price. I wound up with the Shoei RF1000 which fits good as well. The Arai fit so much better for my "oval" shaped head. Maybe next time.

Man! Those are sweet lids!! I wanted to get an Arai but it was just too steep for me in price. I wound up with the Shoei RF1000 which fits good as well. The Arai fit so much better for my "oval" shaped head. Maybe next time.

I have a head the shape of a football. Mine is the Profile model and it fits absolutly perfect. I had a Shoei RF1000 and hated it. Mashed into my forehead bad, wore it for a month and sold it cheap. I bought the Vector for her.

Last edited:
I have a head the shape of a football. Mine is the Profile model and it fits absolutly perfect. I had a Shoei RF1000 and absolutely hated it. Mashed into my forehead bad, wore it for a month and sold it cheap. I bought the Vector for her.

Yep! Football head here as well. When I went to CycleGear I tried the Arai for the first time and I couldn't believe it! Literally perfect! I was in love with the fit, I just didn't have $600 plus dollars to pick it up. What a shame walking out of there without it.

Back