What did you do to your FZ today?

I got the PC5 installed and Blocked Off the airbox for now. I'll do the Plates at a later date. It got just too hot inside the garage today. The install went pretty easy I must say. The instructions are straight forward and watching the C Dawg Videos helped a lot as well.

I started by removing the Inner Panels and Tank Cover.
IMG_0900_zps03c96d90.jpg

I decided to remove the fuel tank completely to make things easier for me.
IMG_0902_zpsb53775fe.jpg

Airbox was the next to go.
IMG_0903_zps999899ff.jpg

Next I routed the PC5 to the back of the bike, running the cable along the frame rail and under the seat bracket.
IMG_0906_zps236a5b5c.jpg

I used the existing ties to keep the cable in order.
IMG_0908_zps73ccf941.jpg

I laid out the ground by the battery tray.
IMG_0907_zpsb2cac33c.jpg

Next was the connections into the harness. It was easy and painless!
IMG_0910_zps5575faf8.jpg

I locked down the ground to the negative side of the battery.
IMG_0911_zps5305f0f5.jpg

I finished up by disconnecting the O2 Sensor Connector
IMG_0912_zpsdabc9562.jpg

Here's some video from the first start-up after the install.

[video=youtube;GusRNkDQ8aM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GusRNkDQ8aM[/video]

I took the bike out for a quick spin around the block and I will say that the difference with the new map is very noticeable!! That, and no more popping on decal. The snatchy throttle is still present but you can feel much more pull down low now and I'm sure that this will only improve with the Flash. The Block-Off Plates will have to wait until the next Sunday morning early when it's cooler in the garage. For now the Airbox Block Off will work just fine.

I just had to go back down and take the FZ1 out for a test run to make sure that all was okay at speed. Here's a short vid. She rides so much better with the new map.

[video=youtube_share;o_f-lJM02iU]http://youtu.be/o_f-lJM02iU[/video]

I finally RODE IT for more than just a commute. First long ride since the long trip to get it home. Michele and I headed to the White Mountains. It was a beautiful day, not too hot, not too humid. We went to North Conway and ate at the Muddy Moose to have their awesome ribs. Then took another set of back roads home that wind and twist. It was a touring run and still being the break-in, I didn't get too crazy with the throttle. I'll admit, I'm still a little shy of on-coming traffic after the accident but not so much as to deter me from having fun.

I wanted to reference here that the bike is still under 600 miles, is fully modded and running Ivan's flash. I'm running a map provided by ballmead that balances fueling with performance. I got 38.7 MPG out of the tank. Not bad for a break-in where MPG is expected to be worse!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20140810_143045_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20140810_143045_hdr.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_20140810_143111_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20140810_143111_hdr.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 312
I'll be trying ballmead's map this week.
Hopefully my gas mileage will improve and my clothes won't reek as much of exhaust (AKA "EAU DE SKI-DOO")

Rode to Indianapolis for the MotoGP. Mostly straight flat roads with a couple slightly twiting ones thrown in. Rain a bit Friday going there. Rained a lot going home Sunday.

Averaged about 41mpg for the 390 miles, including in city riding, cruising the Meridian and doing 60 to 70 on most of the roads.

I finally RODE IT for more than just a commute. First long ride since the long trip to get it home. Michele and I headed to the White Mountains. It was a beautiful day, not too hot, not too humid. We went to North Conway and ate at the Muddy Moose to have their awesome ribs. Then took another set of back roads home that wind and twist. It was a touring run and still being the break-in, I didn't get too crazy with the throttle. I'll admit, I'm still a little shy of on-coming traffic after the accident but not so much as to deter me from having fun.

I wanted to reference here that the bike is still under 600 miles, is fully modded and running Ivan's flash. I'm running a map provided by ballmead that balances fueling with performance. I got 38.7 MPG out of the tank. Not bad for a break-in where MPG is expected to be worse!

That's much better than the 30 MPG you were getting before, I suspect it will get worse once your new bike is run in and you give it a good rev :)

I have to dust it everyday, since our 5 month old puppy destroyed the cover on it in the backyard (days we carpool to work). I am buying a SHOCK color for the Mastiff/Sheppard 5 month old puppy. The dam dog is distorting the backyard. I wish she would just play with the 7 year old black Lab. My FZ1 would like to have a new cover.

:surrender:

installed new brakepads front and rear, adjusted chainslack, new airfilter and removed the front headlight (trackday next Monday)

Attachments

• DSCF1006.jpg
    DSCF1006.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCF1012.jpg
    DSCF1012.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCF0998.jpg
    DSCF0998.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 87
Back