what bike to get?

Very True

Ride everything you can, the one you dream of owning & love the looks of can be the most dissapointing once your bums on the seat.

I was shopping Naked bikes, but kept pricing used Busas and ZX-14. My wife mentioned a FZ1 on 2/10/12. "A, WHAT?" I knew of them, but that week I was set on this green 2005 ZRX1200 I found on Cycletrader in the Bay area.

I found my 08 that morning on Craigslist, drove to Auburn, CA the next day, test drove it for 5 minutes (my 1st Sportbike), fell in love with it and bought it by noon. If you would have told me two weeks before I would buy a used Yamaha FZ1, I would have replied, "No, I don't know anything about them." It's a perfect fit for my ailing back. I get to have a Sportbike and not lay on the tank.

:worship:

I have an 09 FZ1 and drove my buddies b-king. The b-king is an awesome bike. The power difference is more than the stats would have you believe, it is much faster 0-100 and the low end thrust is amazing. The bike was only made for one year so the supply is limited which may be good for long term value.

it is heavier if that matters to you, not really meant for touring. No side bags available as far as I know. Slightly more aggressive position but not extreme. I would say not as comfortable.

FZ would be better option for track and touring

B-king better if drag racing, and will get much more attention. Can also get abs version.

Back