Video Games

So, I'm probably the biggest nerd here when it comes to video games. :tup:

Finally picked up Fable 2 and smashed through it without much gruff. It was really simple.

They need to make games with a bit more grit and substance. What is the point of buying a game for 59.99 when you can beat it in the matter of hours? What happened to the 70 hour + games like Final Fantasy 7?

I know I'm probably talking to myself, but, had to rant. :-D

All the new games are very short.
Like fear 2 took me 9 hours to bead on hard and 5 on easy.
The new call of duty takes what 4 hours if that.
They all have a short single player so you will play the multiplayer parts of the game.
Crysis only takes 12hrs taking your time and messing with guys.

I'm still trying to get through PONG... there's something newer than the Atari Pong out there? :D

Cod:WAW is my lasting game. I'm almost exclusively a PC gamer with only FPS games on the shelf.

COD:WAW was fun but it too was too short I even went though it on veteran.I may reinstall it so I can do it again.

The single player is very short and disappointing, but I only play it online. Some of the latest maps and mods are awesome. A lot of maps from older CoD games as well as maps from other games are being ported in and keeping it very interesting. On the PC, go find a Vietnam server. :tup:

I have always been a gamer. Ever since the old Radio Shack pong. Owned just about every system that has ever been.

My friends and I used to do a lot of LAN parties playing Carmageddon, Unreal Tourney, Quake II, Quake III Quake III TA and Jedi Knight. That was before broadband was readily available. My PC online gaming started with the action shooters like Unreal Tournament and Quake III Team Arena. My reflexes are not competitive online anymore for the shooters.

Also on PC I have played a lot of the online RPGs including EverQuest, EverQuest2, Dark Age of Camelot, City of Heroes, World of Warcraft and recently Aion Online.

Lately I have played FallOut 3 but currently in to Dragon Age: Origins. Both on XBOX 360. We also have a Wii but we only play that when we have guests over. I am no good at the action shooters without a mouse and keyboard so I do not play them to much on XBOX.

That was awesome. HL2 also.

I remember playing Half Life on my 8mb ATI Rage Pro with Open GL. I think we were up to Direct X 3 or 4. It was the first game I saw where you were able to see the soldiers breathing. The monsters were cool too. I remember going into that "dream" sequence in that room where the monsters were in those glass cylinders. Pretty scary stuff back then.

I remember playing Half Life on my 8mb ATI Rage Pro with Open GL. I think we were up to Direct X 3 or 4. It was the first game I saw where you were able to see the soldiers breathing. The monsters were cool too. I remember going into that "dream" sequence in that room where the monsters were in those glass cylinders. Pretty scary stuff back then.

Unlike anything I had ever played to that point. One of my all time favorites.

I guess video games are fine for those who want to sit on the couch and get a big fat butt. My doctor told me to get as much exercise as possible to keep from having a stroke or heart attack. So....now I grab the .50 Cal Winchester or the H&R and try to out-smart the deer and cyotes. It keeps me sharp all round, eyes, ears, and touch. It's a lot harder than any video I've tried and really stresses the heart when the "big one" is in the cross-hairs.

All things in moderation. :) I do think that many kids these days play way to many games. Growing up, even with video games, I always spent far more time outside than in. So gaming does not necessarily equal fat and lazy.

I really think it is, in part, a generational thing. My parents sometimes joke about me still playing video games. I remind them that they still play the games they grew up with. My parents grew up playing board games, cards (evolved to bridge) and dominoes (evolved to 42). Guess what they still get together with friends to do today? They still play cards and dominoes. I still play the types of games I grew up with. All be it much more advanced.

Not to say I can't stand to lose 15-20 pounds. Lost 30 last year and quickly working on the last few.

Last edited:
I used to be an AVID gamer but these days I have to pick my battles (so to speak). I've been completely addicted to the Guitar Hero games for last little bit. My next endevour thought is God of War III. I loved the first two and the third one looks to be just over the top! I'm slyder1217 on PSN! Look me up!

All the new games are very short.
Like fear 2 took me 9 hours to bead on hard and 5 on easy.
The new call of duty takes what 4 hours if that.

i agree. hard rain took me probably bout 8-10 hours. i want a game that i can play a few hours every other day and it will last me a month. but that's a tall order i guess.

I work out everyday either cardio or weights and also go out for drinks quite a bit but still manage to find time for gaming as well. As far as campaign modes go - I quit caring about those with the dawn of broadband. I used to call up my friends computer and we would play heads up Doom II on our 34.4 kb modems. May have even been 14.4. 56.6 was the shit! I play Halo 3 and COD MW2 all the time but have not even bothered with the campaign. I much more enjoy shooting other gamers than the computer. But for all those old timers out there I can see how playing online would be frustrating since your losing your hand eye coordination and getting destroyed by children :/

One game I did recently play the campaing of though - Uncharted 2. It was awesome and very much like playing a movie. Plus there were babes in it. We need more games with hot chicks in it.

Back