Vegemite For Beginners

ozzieboy

There's been some discussion of the correct technique for spreading vegemite in a thread in the FZ6 Forum OZ section. I decided the easiest way for people to learn to use Vegemite without "overspreading", and consequently turning themselves off it for life, was to make a video......well, without further ado.....here it is.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw7hDQU_aKc]YouTube - Vegemite For Beginners.avi[/ame]

:D

I've heard a lot about it and thanks to Mike, now know what NOT to do when I get down there and try it! Of course, I'll want handy to me an Oz "Best-of" beer on the ready! :tup:

I have, a friend from the 6 side sent me some......:scared0016:

I obviously used a bit too much but that was before the educational video that Mike posted! Next time!!

PMSL. I always tell folks just to use a smidgeon, but I don't think they realise how little you can get away with using. Means a small jar lasts for ages. Use it in marinades, sauces, for basting roasts, and once acclimatised, try it a bit thicker on weetbix...yummo!:cloud9::bowdown:

If you use plenty of butter (not marge...eeeew!) when you spread the veg, the surface of your toast will come off and clump up a bit. For some reason this actually makes it taste better:wow:...don't ask me how....it's trippy...lol.

I remember as a young fella in the Navy, I was living in the single person's accom, and was a bit lacking in the simple luxuries of life.....lol.....so when out and about, I'd stop into a supermarket for a very small jar of vegemite, and a small tub of butter/marge. I'd then go to a bakery for a high top loaf of bread. Hollow out the loaf, and "dip" the bits I was pulling out into my butter and vegemite. Once I had it hollowed out to the correct thickness, I'd grab handfulls of butter and veg and smear them around the inside of the hollowed out loaf. Lick and wipe hands clean (wetones work well for this...lol) then walk around with a big@$$ vegemite sanga:woot:

When I try this, it will be when the wife and I come down to Adelaide and meet the group. I want to be in good company when I make a fool out of myself! :D

Got vacation plans Eric?

Not this year... :( We did but becuase of Michele's surgery on Aug 30th, we had to cancel. Her work makes her use her vacation time (2 weeks) before they start short term disability. So, I'm taking two weeks off to stay home and take care of her.

Next year, she wants to go to Venice and tour other parts of Italy. Then, it will be a couple years afterward that we pack it in and take three weeks to go to Australia. One of the weeks dedicated just to travel and recouping from all the things those guys will be putting us through. :D

Back