Trip to Berrima NSW

ozzieboy

I'm going to be in Berrima for work from the 20th-ish of this month until July 11th-ish. I'll be working 10 hours a day, and 7 days a week, but I would like to hit the twisties at some point. Probably before, during, and after...lol. I'll have some squared off touring tyres on but will still probably hit it pretty hard.

1. Any good spots, nearby?

2. How bad are the filth?

3. Will have to catch up with someone for a grog at some point, or maybe even a ride if we can organise something.

Looking at a few of these roads...:smoking:

Start/finish to Old Hume Hwy - Google Maps

Hello mate. All those roads you highlighted are good. Avoid Sundays as you not only have to contend with cops but also with every pensioner from Sydney that love to go for a "relaxing Sunday drive"! Midweek would be the best time......

Cheers for that. Sems to be the consensus of opinion. Don't do weekends. I reckon I might have to hang about for a couple days after the job is done. I'm thinking of doing the Putty again, and popping up to Newcastle for a hoot anyhow now.

Just did the Putty today. Road condition is good....although there is some road works up the northern end of the northern 16km of bends. If you go back to Sydney via Broke the road between Broke and Wollambi is CRAP but ridable.

Just did the Putty today.

PK1 you do know that double demerits began at midnight last night? My bike is in the garage and that's where it will stay for the rest of the long wekend. Thanks for the update on the road conditions though.

Ozzieboy, I live in the Blue Mountains and would be keen for a ride when you get over here.

PK1 you do know that double demerits began at midnight last night? My bike is in the garage and that's where it will stay for the rest of the long wekend. Thanks for the update on the road conditions though.

Ozzieboy, I live in the Blue Mountains and would be keen for a ride when you get over here.

Hell, If either of you guys come up here in Newy and I'm not working and its a clear day I'll come out to ride with ya too!
I'll just have to keep an eye on this thread.
Are any of you guys on the facebook FZ1 page here?

Cool. I'm pretty sure I'll head up to Newcastle after the job's finished. Unless the weather is looking like crap and settling in that way. Be great to catch up for a bit of a ride.

I'll have my laptop with me so I'll be able to keep everyone updated with what's going on.:D

There's some folks off of the FZ6 forum, that I'll be trying to organise a ride with too.

No, I didn't realise till I got to Broke! :jaw drop: I was talking to another rider there getting fuel and he mentioned it! Anyway, no harm done!

Ozzieboy did you make it to Berrima? I know the weather has been shite but I was wondering if you got to sample any of the great roads in NSW?

Just got back actually. Managed to get that really windy Tuesday off. Did Mac pass, and all the usual stuff but the debris and fallen trees made it tough going...lol (100 mph winds will do that I guess).

I hung around for a couple days afterwards, but due to carrying a girly type thing on the second day I only got one half day of hooning....

So here is a look at Kangaroo Valley. Bear in mind this is my first look at this road, and I don't have a clue where it is going...lol...but I did manage to have some fun anyhow.:party0011:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGc5Mh8L8u8]‪FZ1 Valley Of The Dinosaurs.avi‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Hell yeah! That's a pretty nice part of the world you're living in, and one I never quite managed to venture into properly before. I would love to have spent a couple of weeks getting used to the roads. As it was the rear brake pads I ordered 2 weeks before I left for NSW didn't come in:doh2: so I had to do the whole trip without using the rear brake....lol....only there for emergencies (there was only a wafer of pad left), and my squared off tyres, combined with a total lack of knowledge of the roads meant I had to take it pretty easy:confused0024:.

The brake pads only came in today.....6 weeks after I ordered them. OEM pads...WTF???:wilynily:

Hell yeah! That's a pretty nice part of the world you're living in, and one I never quite managed to venture into properly before. I would love to have spent a couple of weeks getting used to the roads. As it was the rear brake pads I ordered 2 weeks before I left for NSW didn't come in:doh2: so I had to do the whole trip without using the rear brake....lol....only there for emergencies (there was only a wafer of pad left), and my squared off tyres, combined with a total lack of knowledge of the roads meant I had to take it pretty easy:confused0024:.

The brake pads only came in today.....6 weeks after I ordered them. OEM pads...WTF???:wilynily:

Square tyres and no rear would have made some of those roads...well interesting!

I actually find myself using my rear more often these days than I ever did on my VTR1000, don't know why, bit better feel with the FZ1 and I think I'm probably carrying a bit more speed into some corners, which surprises me as I actually think I'm riding more conservatively than 5 years ago, maybe my skill level has finally caught up with or approached my ego?

Back