Top Sellerie Seat Ordered: Question...

Hi, would be great if anyone who has experience with the company "Top Sellerie"...I have just ordered a replacement seat for my 2011 FZ1.

Their site isnt what I consider easy to understand, and their contact info is null except for an email address.

My question: my email receipt says "Upon receipt of your new seat Top Sellerie, you must send us the base of your original seat together with its foam as soon as possible (TOP SELLERIE - 1 rue du Cours - 61500 SEES - FRANCE). Failing which, the deposit amount will be debited from your account on the scheduled date indicated on your receipt."

I want to know if I understand this correctly. They are sending my seat on a "base". I already have that "base" on my stock seat. They want me to send them my stock seat and base when I get their seat?

Thanks in advance - Kip

Yep, send them your seat after you get the one they send to you. If you don't send in your original seat, they'll charge you an additional fee.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

The "base" they are referring to is the stock plastic seat pan. Just make sure you transfer the latch on to the new one before boxing it up. I suggest you return it in the box that they ship your seat in.

Getting worried. Has anyone dealt with these folks?

My order was placed on 7/19. My credit card debited a few days later. No email stating the seat has been shipped, no response to my email inquiry. I'm in the US.

I did not order a custom seat, just choose one from their options.

Has anyone had experience with this company before?

It took about 5 weeks to get my seats ( custom ) . Communication was terrible , I wrote them on week 3 and did get a update the next day . Seats are great , worth the wait . But I understand the nervousness . Drop them a E mail .

I wouldn't be too worried about them, they do this for quite a while, I ordered my seat on 10 July and still nothing, but don't forget it's holiday season...

I first ordered a few material samples and they took about 3 weeks to arrive.. I hope my seat will be faster, there is a thickness difference between materials, and 086 is a bit elastic but it won't help you now..

You could send them an email, they respond quickly and seem to understand a bit of English :)

Getting worried. Has anyone dealt with these folks?

My order was placed on 7/19. My credit card debited a few days later. No email stating the seat has been shipped, no response to my email inquiry. I'm in the US.

I did not order a custom seat, just choose one from their options.

Has anyone had experience with this company before?

I ordered a custom on July 7th and just received my shipping conformation yesterday. They have a good reputation, so I would not worry. I'm sure you will get your seat :). Maybe wait another day or 2 then send them another email requesting shipping conformation. Took them 3 days to respond to my email.

Thanks guys. Sounds like I'm not in the worry zone yet.

Towing to ATL, riding to Deals Gap & "The Tail of The Dragon" on Aug. 24. Sure hope I have something comfy for my tush by then!! Stock seat = OUCH.

I did send them an email yesterday, no reply. But from what you guys are saying, I wont start trying to figure out how to dial international numbers quite yet....

319438_10150975800589748_1142042468_n.jpg

Well, if anyone is tracking this thread, I did finally get a response to my email, it was not exactly favorable. First, they cut and pasted into their response email ANOTHER email they claim to have sent me on July 20. I did not the email in question, and I checked my spam folder everyday as well.

In the July 20 email, the said that the seat I ordered a 50 euro upgrade to it because of my size and weight.

The way in which they wished me to pay this extra 50 euro baffled me, so I took the whole thing to my bank, and we got the additional money wired to Top Sellerie.

I emailed them again telling them the money had been sent (included confimation info), and I asked them if there was any possibility I would have this seat in my possession by Aug. 22 (as I am making a long ride on that weekend). They replied quickly, and said I should have it by that date.

So.....thats where things stand.

Just received my seat today, took 5 days to ship from France to my front door.
Ordered my custom on July 7th and received it July 30th. So about 3 weeks total time.

Congrats! Please let me know what you think when as soon as you ride on it!:

Spent about an hour and a half riding with the new seat today. MUCH more comfortable than the stock seat or the Corbin. The only downside is even ordered with the long option I don't have much room to move around. You're pretty much stuck in one position. I'm a chubby 220lbs so maybe a smaller guy would have a little more room to move.
Think the seat will be great for 2-3 hours and a HUGE improvement over stock or the Corbin but I may wish for more room to move on longer trips.
Figure I'll use it for a few weeks and decided if I'll keep it.

Spent about an hour and a half riding with the new seat today. MUCH more comfortable than the stock seat or the Corbin. The only downside is even ordered with the long option I don't have much room to move around. You're pretty much stuck in one position. I'm a chubby 220lbs so maybe a smaller guy would have a little more room to move.
Think the seat will be great for 2-3 hours and a HUGE improvement over stock or the Corbin but I may wish for more room to move on longer trips.
Figure I'll use it for a few weeks and decided if I'll keep it.

If you decide that it is not for you, I would be interested in purchasing it from you. Thanks.

Just got my TS seat yesterday. Haven't had a chance to ride with the new seat. I had one on my FZ6 and it made a world of difference so I expect the same to be true with the seat for the FZ1.

Back