To slip on or not to slip on

To slip on or not

Recently bought an 09 and have been going back and forth on whether to put a slip on it or not. Don't really like super loud exhaust but wouldn't mind if the bike had a little deeper growl. Other side of the coin is I would be fine keeping it stock.. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Oh by the way I love the fz1. Have owned probably 15 bikes over 27 years and this thing is a gem.

Recently bought an 09 and have been going back and forth on whether to put a slip on the bike. Not a big fan of super loud exhaust but wouldn't mind a little deeper growl. Other side of the coin is I could live with the stock from a power sand point as it has much more than ill ever use. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated. I have owned at least 15 bikes over the years and I absolutely love this one and intend to ride for many years to come. A true gem

I merged the two threads since they were redundant. :D

First, welcome and congrats! I cannot vouch for other slip-ons but I can tell you that the Two Bros with their P1X tip is about as quiet as the stock exhaust at certain RPMs but with a more lower tone. A bit louder but not annoyingly so when you whack the throttle.

I've heard the Yosh is fairly quiet too.

I bought a cheap one from china.. Danmoto.com I didn't want to chuck a ton of money looked I did on my fz6 (800.00) do a search here for danmoto jisu I have a video posted.if it only lasts a couple seasons oh well 145.00 for 2 seasons is not bad I would buy another.

I took the money that a slip-on would cost and bought GIVI side cases and rack. I'm enjoying the convenience of locking bags more than I would a low rpm rumble and loss of 5 to 8 pounds.

The FZ1 has more than adequate power for me in stock form.

I have found that with two fz1 bikes de-catted and a new exhaust put on the bikes run much better on the throttle at 5600 revs esp when setting up for corners.

you'll need block off plates, gut the cat, and for the slip on, my gytr has a nice deep sound, i actually really like it, from idle up it's a nice deeper growl until about 6k when it opens up and roars however it's not excessive or obnoxious. as always, wear ear plugs. also, you'll need to get a power commander and tune the bike on a dyno.

First off, :welcome: I have also been debating different mods. I really want Eric's (FZ1inNH formerly Cobalt formerly FZ1inNH) bike. :blowing_kisses: He's done everything I can think to do to the FZ1, except add hard luggage to it. (get on that, Eric!) :cheerleader:

Mine is stock, except for seat, levers, windshield and pegs. I've decided to spend my money on suspension first and then move to a slip-on or I'd rather just do a full exhaust if I can. Then a PC V and Ivan's reflash. I really don't know if I'll get there. I'm starting to think about an FJR, so I may want to spend money there. Too many mods, too little money. A common theme.

If I were going for a slipon, I think I'd look at MIVV, Yoshi and 2 Bros. I've liked all of them in looks and sound. Good luck.

Appreciate all the input . May well go with some other comfort mods right now and look at a slipon in the future

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

you'll need block off plates, gut the cat,

Define "need"...

You dont have to buy block off plates, just plug the hose. Gutting the cat helps and is recommended, but not needed. The GYTR CARBON is a nice slipon, I enjoyed mine.

I have 1 for sale.

terdog-albums-pics-picture3671-fz1-gytr-3.jpg

Last edited:
Define "need"...

You dont have to buy block off plates, just plug the hose. Gutting the cat helps and is recommended, but not needed. The GYTR CARBON is a nice slipon, I enjoyed mine.

I have 1 for sale.

terdog-albums-pics-picture3671-fz1-gytr-3.jpg

you should, block off the AIS in some way, plugging the hoses work too, however it should be done. gutting the cat gets more airflow which is whats a good idea when you get it tuned. and when messing with all the air flow of a bike, it needs to be tuned. i have a gytr carbon as well, and it is fantastic

you should, block off the AIS in some way, plugging the hoses work too, however it should be done. gutting the cat gets more airflow which is whats a good idea when you get it tuned. and when messing with all the air flow of a bike, it needs to be tuned. i have a gytr carbon as well, and it is fantastic

Bahhh. I've never blocked an AIS on any bike I've owned (many, many bikes). In fact on my R6 the AIS feedback on itself...hummm...helps balance pressure within the motor.

It doesn't make a hill of beans of difference on how the bike performs.

OP, get the slip on you like and go ride. When you're ready get a flash or get your bike tuned with a PCV.

Get the slip on, for sure. I just put the yoshi R-77 on my bike, it makes the bike soooooo much smoother and more predictable. The yoshi pipe is not that much different in sound than the stock. When I have time, I will post before and after videos.
enjoy!

Back