This Summer's Ride

Due to a really busy schedule this year (and I'm retired) a good riding friend and myself made the decision to take a shorter ride this year. We'll be going North into Canada up to Wawa and Thunder Bay. Whether or not we do the entire Lake Superior Circle Tour or just the east half and back is up in the air at this point. The whole trip will ony be about 1200 miles but we'll get to see a lot of nice country. Ontario is a great place to tour. You get out of country but everyone still speaks English. A couple years ago I ended up in Quebec and I don't speak a word of French. Couldn't even use my damned credit card at a gas station without help. If I get real lucky, I may bet to take a trip down to Bowling Green, KY to see a friend who just moved from here to there and I know KY will be quite a bit warmer than it will be here in mid to late September. I'll post some Lake Superior Pics when we get back. Might even meet some Canadian riders up there.

Highway 17

The highway from Thunder Bay over to Wawa to Sudbury and North Bay is very beautiful. Most of the time running very close to the lake. Just watch for moose as they are very numerous in that area. I used to drive truck through there all the time. I love the upper peninsula of Michigan as well and always saw huge amounts of deer down there. The loop route would be a great trip. Be sure to take a camera so we can enjoy your efforts.

Back