This is messed up!!

A friendly Admin reminder... Disallowed topics include police bashing/slander. Keep this in mind when posting regarding this thread. Thanks!

A friendly Admin reminder... Disallowed topics include police bashing/slander. Keep this in mind when posting regarding this thread. Thanks!

Thanks, Eric. I definitely didn't mean for this to be a police bashing thread. This is about a totally distracted driver, cop or not. Absolutely terrible.

Thanks, Eric. I definitely didn't mean for this to be a police bashing thread. This is about a totally distracted driver, cop or not. Absolutely terrible.

No, it wasn't you at all. But I did have to edit one post. ;)

It's not an issue to post these things at all so long as everyone remains civil and plays by the rules.

And I do agree, this is horrible and regardless of the driver's profession, he was very much in the wrong. If I say much more, then I will break some rules myself! :eek5:

Hey police have accidents too, I mean they have a laptop to play with while driving, definitely not a safety risk to other motorist because they are highly trained drivers. Or I think nearly 70% of the police I see driving around Phoenix are on their cell phones.

I actually always wanted to take the Washington State Patrol drivers course. I heard it's one of the most challenging road tests in the country, comparable to Bondurant's road course

I'm just wondering how a person who isn't in that profession would have been handled in the same situation. I don't feel that because of his profession, this should be treated differently than if I'd hit the couple myself, especially when evidenced with dash video.

I'm just wondering how a person who isn't in that profession would have been handled in the same situation. I don't feel that because of his profession, this should be treated differently than if I'd hit the couple myself, especially when evidenced with dash video.

Agree, but if it was a civilian in that case it would be a handcuffed, "Book 'em, Danno" procedure along with a blood alcohol test, plus a mega bill for legal representation and hugely increased insurance premiums for years to come. Doing a bit of research I can't seem to find any followup as to the current state of the investigation. Does the city cover his legal bills or does he have to pay for representation himself?

Agree, but if it was a civilian in that case it would be a handcuffed, "Book 'em, Danno" procedure along with a blood alcohol test, plus a mega bill for legal representation and hugely increased insurance premiums for years to come. Doing a bit of research I can't seem to find any followup as to the current state of the investigation. Does the city cover his legal bills or does he have to pay for representation himself?

I believe as long as he is an employee of the city/county/state/fed that they will pay for his liability as well as his legal fees.

I just asked my friend who graduated from law school and she said that the rider and his wife have 30 days to file claim with the state for an civil liability. If they fail to do that, they potentially will get nothing.

I hope this guy gets a lawyer and goes hard after this case. I mean to have the video on Youtube already depicting how bad this looked.

Back