Strange Ebay Ad

lolup

"You'll notice the safety features of our racks as well. In one of the pictures, you'll see that one of our customers was rear ended by a van. The strength of our rack prevented the subframe of the bike from collapsing and believe it or not, this rack was unbolted and subsequently bolted right back on his new bike!"

an odd way of advertising... but in this case, the picture made no sense without an explanation.

I was looking for the "Van not included" warning... ;)

Yes, that is a rather strange ad...

I mean, I can see that it would be a very strong rack...but was it really necessary to include a picture of a van that had rear ended the bike? Seems very odd. In this case...

needpics.gif

You almost have to have been to Idaho to get it, Those farmers torture their TW200's to death. It seems as if there is one parked in front of nearly every house. They use them to run around and check on their irrigation. So the toughness of the rack is very important to these motorcycle abusers... lol

I find that wreck very difficult to believe. I could be wrong - but then again, that rack might easily have gone through the plastic grill and ricoched upwards into the hood, but I can't imagine it wouldn't have gotten bent out of shape in the process. But that's one hell of a rack if it didn't! :unworthy:

I actually have almost this exact same rack (or one that looks exactly like it- it even has the little swoopy curve in the back bar, only the mounting points are different) on my BW200 (ATV Tire version of that bike) and i can vouch for the fact that it is strong as frack.

I once bailed on the side of a ravine on my property and the bike fell almost 20' end over end. The bars and controls were mashed, but the rack held up just fine.

Here's a pic of my buddy dan on the bike
310330_2024490807900_2965595_n.jpg

I understand they are trying to show how strong the rack is but I don't know about everyone else here but if I got rear ended by a van like that, the last thing I would care about is, "wow is the rack ok???"

Dan is a badass!
Beer, guns and motorcycles! SWEET!!!!!!

:thewave:

Throw a naked woman in there and it may be the best picture ever!!!

Lol, that's a normal saturday at my place. We usually drink and shoot skeet and then ride the big wheel around a dirt course that I made :)

oh, and the bike and shotgun are mine. The pink earmuffs are all dan's :)

Oh, I would wear them, don't get me wrong. But I can't claim responsibility for them. He has a 9mm glock that he shoots at the range, so he uses them all the time.

Gotta support the tatas!! We went shooting clays once and a guy brought pink shells. He got ribbed, but he basically said, that he wanted to help support breast cancer awareness, and to help find a cure.

Back