Stealing a new motorcycle tomorrow

Driving four hours to Memphis tomorrow to pick up a 2013 FZ1 for a cool 7750 out the door :) finally decided to pull the trigger on it after test riding a 1st gen and 2nd gen FZ and a 919. Seems like mint 2nd gens we're going for around 6000 so it seemed like a good idear to purchase new for that price. Excited to lay hands on it and commence breaking it in. Once again this forum is awesome, giving me plenty of ideas for future mods :) Any need to knows on a new bike I might not have found with my research?

my8e3ada.jpg
preliminary pic

You bought the last one from Yamaha of Memphis. They are a great dealership been buying bikes from them for years. Great deal as well. You will love this bike. I enjoy it so much I am selling my Super Tenere as this bike really does it all. Have Fun!!

Yeah great deal..could not get one that price here in Cali.....went to the dealer last week and the best they could do on a new zero miles 2012 was $9,600 OTD ..LOL

Looks just like mine did a month ago when I pick it up :) I got mine here in FL for a tad bit less OTD. I have had a grin on my face since, especially after I finished the break in oil changes. I threw the warranty to the wind and went straight to fully modded beastlyness. Enjoy it man!!

Here's the proof

hu6ary2a.jpg
y3u7aped.jpg

My old man and I
nedehy9u.jpg

9e8aqyhe.jpg

I hardly ever get a day off so I left work in Smyrna at 10:30 last night, slept a few hours at my fathers house north of Jackson, took off to Memphis @ 6:30, picked my bike up and hit I-40 hard back to Smyrna. After 8.5 hours of driving, a tire change, and a little sleep I think I'm going to make it back to work in time trailer and motorcycle in tow at 2:00 :)
It's all worth it though this bike is freaking sweet!!! Now to find time to break it in.
Honda Yamaha of Memphis is excellent and I would recommend them to anyone, excellent customer service.
yzu9ysev.jpg

3y2e7e9a.jpg

(Ps: sorry for the triple reply, I didn't realize it took so long to update)

Congrats! That's the same as I just bought and you got it $240.00 cheaper! Well done!!!

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20140726_111608.jpg
    IMG_20140726_111608.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
Finally got around to break in today, one hundred miles down. Now to get rid of the rest of that pesky chicken strip ;)

5ba7559af612d0cca9a5419e568759dd.jpg
b85f04e4ca81a63a5285e74244e7fca9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats, that makes three of us who just got blue 2013s! You guys got better deals than I did, but then I live in California. I traded in my 919 for the FZ1 and couldn't be more pleased. This is a superb machine.

I rode the canyons tonight, from the pothole-strewn, narrow Hollywood ones to the bigger sweepers out to Malibu. Lots of city riding, too, and some freeway. Vs. the 919 it's night and day: the FZ1 takes rough roads 100% better, is much more poised all around, has better brakes, inspires confidence. It doesn't have the hooligan friendly low end blast, but I really got sick of trying to keep the front wheel down all the time. I could ride this bike to the East Coast no problem.

Was this at Honda Yamaha of Memphis? I only ask because it sure looks like the place I bought my new '12 last year in October. They had a blue '13 there that I passed up on because they wanted $9000...at the time.

Back