static vs dynamic

Do you use a static balance or dynamic. Obviously dynamic is the best choice but it seems static balance is pretty common for bike tires.
Anyone had issues with a static balance?

Static

I change my own tires now and static.balance them without issue , so far. Keep in mind that I don't see speeds much over 120 kilometers per hour anymore. I also do a lot of off pavement these days.

I would love to have a dynamic balancer, but don't have the space or the money.

Last edited:
I static balance my Q2s and have seen North of 120 mph with no vibration or wobble.

Cheers,

MrHix

I've proven to myself that static can be as accurate as dynamic, if not more so. I'm sure this can be debated, but here's what I've done.

I static-balanced my front wheel and took it to cyclegear (they do free dynamic blancing). Machine confirmed that balance was perfect.

I then intentionally added half of the 7 gram weight to the wheel (meaing ~3.5 grams). Took it in and machien still showed perfect balance. On my static balancer, I can see the 3.5 gram inperfection and can correct it.

Does it translate to a rider feeling it at certain speed? No idea.. just saying.. static is very very accurate when done right.

Back