sliders

I did all three but thankfully have nothing to report on how effective they would be. I looked at it as insurance. The rear right side axle slider would not be the first thing to touch down though with the pipe on that side. The rear left should keep the expensive swing arm from damage.

sorry about the link. Yah thats what Im thinking, better safe then sorry. How about a crash bar, would it offer better protection then the frame slider?

For the area covered I would have to say Yes from my dual sport experience. They can sometimes mean vibrations that weren't there before and they usually don't add to the looks. Crash bars do add places for auxiliary lights and highway pegs if those are important to you.

Axle and frame slider are definitely worth it. My bike went down at a relatively low speed, but the front axle and frame sliders did their job and frame and forks were safe. In a high speed impact they may or may not matter...

I would still get them on there, especially the frame ones. Once the frame is scratched or dented then the insurance company will pretty much total the bike.

My bike would be toast without the frame and front axle sliders. As it was I had to fight the insurance company to not total the bike from a low speed crash and all plastic damage. Can't imagine if frame or engine covers got trashed. Cheap insurance. I have the T-Rex brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree get all three. It's cheap insurance and works well for all those oops moments, the front axle sliders are worth its well. Only on the right side the heel guard of the exhaust touches done way before the swing arm slider on the right. Was wondering how I could protect the heel guard from damage in case of a drop or low speed fall, that wouldnt be an eyesore.
I have seen exhaust protectors on other sites for kawaskis and ducatis but none for the fz1.

I wonderif you could fit the longer frame slider in the back axle to protect the exhaust?

I doubt that would work. Look the exhaust is going to be the sacrificial part on the right rear of the bike one way or another. In order to protect it you would need a really long slider and with so much leverage that the road would be able to apply to it it would probably end up breaking off anyway.

You're right it would have to be 6" long (lol that's what she said! lol) Maybe I'll look at attaching something to the passanger foot peg on the right side.....

What about a rubber strip or slider type plastic over the point of impact of the heel guard or even a mini crash bar? Hmmm. Just a thought.....

I worry about any slider that bolts into the motor,I know on honda hornets 919 there has been cases where in a heavy crash the section of the motor can break out causing more damage than if they where never fitted in the first place,

I worry about any slider that bolts into the motor,I know on honda hornets 919 there has been cases where in a heavy crash the section of the motor can break out causing more damage than if they where never fitted in the first place,

Yah, I can see that happening, but In a heavy crash you're hooped with or without them. Sliders are only ment to minimize the demage at low speed dumps.

Back