Slider questions

dodger06

Hey all. I'm looking at getting some sliders for my bike. I just don't want to scratch it all up if I ever go down. I was looking at maybe some front/rear axle sliders and some frame sliders.

I found these, and for the life of me can't figure out where exactly they mount on the swing arm. I'm thinking maybe through the rear axle? Anybody know if they're any good?
Vortex Swingarm Slider Spools - Street Bike Parts - Motorcycle Superstore

Also, is there any specific brand that is better for frame sliders? And would it be better to go with plastic or aluminum?

And last question, does anybody make front axle sliders for the Gen 1? Haven't decided if I want them yet or just want to leave the front end alone.

Hey all. I'm looking at getting some sliders for my bike. I just don't want to scratch it all up if I ever go down. I was looking at maybe some front/rear axle sliders and some frame sliders.

I found these, and for the life of me can't figure out where exactly they mount on the swing arm. I'm thinking maybe through the rear axle? Anybody know if they're any good?
Vortex Swingarm Slider Spools - Street Bike Parts - Motorcycle Superstore

Also, is there any specific brand that is better for frame sliders? And would it be better to go with plastic or aluminum?

And last question, does anybody make front axle sliders for the Gen 1? Haven't decided if I want them yet or just want to leave the front end alone.

That link that you posted above is for spool/sliders, which you can't use since the Gen I swingarm is not drilled and tapped to accommodate those. have not seen any front/rear axle sliders for the Gen I, but that doesn't mean that they don't exist as I have never specifically looked for them having a Gen II.

As for material for your frame sliders you want plastic that will slide and wear away as opposed to aluminum. It will be much harder and will probably have a tendency to get caught on something that can send your bike rolling end over end as opposed to just sliding...just my :2cents:

That link that you posted above is for spool/sliders, which you can't use since the Gen I swingarm is not drilled and tapped to accommodate those. have not seen any front/rear axle sliders for the Gen I, but that doesn't mean that they don't exist as I have never specifically looked for them having a Gen II.

As for material for your frame sliders you want plastic that will slide and wear away as opposed to aluminum. It will be much harder and will probably have a tendency to get caught on something that can send your bike rolling end over end as opposed to just sliding...just my :2cents:

Thanks! That's why I was confused. I couldn't figure out where they were supposed to mount, but I had specified an 03 FZ1 and these still came up.

Thanks! I knew I had read about them somewhere, but couldn't find the thread back.

Hmm, interesting. Do they ship to the states though?

Also, anybody have any experience with this company? I noticed they make frame/front axle/rear axle sliders for the 1st gen. The frame sliders seem really expensive, but the axle sliders seem to be reasonable.

Yamaha Fazer 1000/FZ 1 -2005 Sliders/Protectors. Wild Hair Accessories, Motorcycle Accessories.

Have never bought anything from them, but they've been around for a while and seem legit. I agree that the frame sliders are really expensive, but they do seem very well made. Given that not too many companies make axle sliders for the Gen I this may be your best choice for those components.

Alright, thanks again for all the input. I'll probably end up with those axle sliders eventually, as I don't know any others available. I did order some T-Rex sliders yesterday. I'll let you guys know how it turns out when I get em installed.

Back