Sent items

ballmead

Wizard
With regards to messaging, how come sent items are not stored?
How am I supposed to remember what I wrote to other members when I was drunk?? lol

With regards to messaging, how come sent items are not stored?
How am I supposed to remember what I wrote to other members when I was drunk?? lol

Let me check my settings page. All my messages are saved so I can see them up until you reach your storage limit. There may be a setting for that. Stand by.

Go to "User CP" underneath "Home" button, scroll down to "Edit Options" and scroll down to this caption and make sure it's checked off.

Messages.jpg

If this doesn't work I'll contact someone else to help you out.

I've always wondered what the deal was with this too, thanks! I don't know why this wouldn't be enabled by default?!

I'm not sure either. Then again, I joined back on 08' and I can't remember that far back whether it was checked off as a default setting or not. Tired old brain cells!

I've always wondered what the deal was with this too, thanks! I don't know why this wouldn't be enabled by default?!

Storage purposes. If you are a free member, you have very limited storage for mail so Sent is off by default.

Subscribers get a fair amount more space. I keep my sent items cleared out because they all come to my Gmail account and I store them in that archive. :tup:

I don't know how much customization is possible but I always felt the need to move my sent messages to my dedicated folders. This facility seems to be missing on all forums I have been.

Back