second gen mods done???

This is my second FZ1, its a 2009 and I have been riding it a lot to work. I pulled it into do some needed normal maint and found that the person that had it before did some stuff to it???? I knew it had a slip-on but I found the block off plates had been done. It also appears that the tps had been adjusted at sometime. I was wondering with those two mods could the bike have a tune already??? Is the few mods done to the bike pointing towards it may have a tune done as well? The bike is faster than my gen 1 but for me to say the tune was done????? I don't want spend money on it if this has been tuned, is there a way to find out if it is tuned?

Also, could someone post pics of the Givi setup on a sec gen so I could see them. I need a way to carry/store my gear so I don't have to carry it into work. Thanks

If the ECU was flashed, there will likely be an indication of that on the ECU itself. If it is a "piggyback" tune, then there would be a tuning module under the seat.

Mine before ECU flash (with PC V) would get the front end light in first/second but usually would stay more or less in contact with mother earth. With Ivan tune (power limiting removed and generally better tuning all around), it will pull the front wheel in first or second as it comes up into the powerband at around 8k. Don't hold me to that exact rpm, not usually looking at the tach as my eyeballs are squishing back into my brain. That might be one way to tell. Plus, Ivan left a big sticker on the top of the ECU. :)

ps: A good hard shift into 3rd will get the front "light" again. Not too bad for a UJM.

Last edited:
Back