Scooters

Etroze

Hey does anyone know where to pic up cheap scooters. Girlfriend is looking at one and our dealers around us don't have much for used. Thanks

Hey does anyone know where to pic up cheap scooters. Girlfriend is looking at one and our dealers around us don't have much for used. Thanks

Here ya go. They I believe are based in California and ships to your door for $199.95 with free liftgate service.
Dirt Bike, Dirt Bikes, ATV, ATVs, Moped, Mopeds, Dirt Bike Part, ATV Part, Parts, Accessories

It's funny that this thread came up today because I was helping a friend at work order one yesterday. I don't vouch for anything other than they are inexpensive and DOT legal. Most of them are based on GY6 Honda motors and I have owned a 150cc in the past and never had an issue with it.

Pep Boys??? I know there are shops that sell the Chinese scooters. The problem with them is the parts are very poorly made and if they need to be replaced are all but impossible to find. A friend of mine owns an Aprilia dealership that sells Vespa and Piaggio scooters. He works on any bike and usually complains longest and loudest about the Chineses scooters as they are a real pain in the butt to work on and usually can't be tuned correctly.

Maybe check the classifieds for a nice used Honda?

I had a Honda Silverwing at one point. It was great as far as scooters go. Personally if I was getting a scooter, I would get something with some get up and go so that you are not slowing traffic down. The Silverwing is 600CC and there is no clutch to manage. It has lots of storage under the seat. Unfortunately it will be on the high end of scooters when it comes to price. Yamaha also makes a bigger scooter called the TMAX (I have not ridden one). The way I look at it is that if you buy a cheap scooter, you will likely get something that does not hold up for very long and does not have the power to make it very functional. Just my two cents. :2cents:

Back