Saddlebags and passenger help

Hey guys, New member here, proud owner of a 2006 shift red FZ1 , I need help finding some saddle bags that I can two up with. I plan to do some camping trips and some touring this year. I already ordered a tank bag and awaiting its arrival :), im looking for the most storage possible and something removable, while still being able to tote my girlfriend on the back! :)

Thanks everyone!!

Hey guys, New member here, proud owner of a 2006 shift red FZ1 , I need help finding some saddle bags that I can two up with. I plan to do some camping trips and some touring this year. I already ordered a tank bag and awaiting its arrival :), im looking for the most storage possible and something removable, while still being able to tote my girlfriend on the back! :)

Thanks everyone!!

Check out givi or motech hard bag mounts and some GIVI V35 cases. Worked great 2 up with me and my wife

Givi V-35

I had the Givi, V-35 bags (hard shell) and the matching racks. My racks were the non-quick release ones. The racks also come in a nice easily removable (but solid) variety now so they don't mess up the lines of the bike when not in use. I can tell you they will allow a passenger to sit comfortable with them on, as they are well designed.

Pictures in a minute.

Last edited:
The pictures of JMundy's rack are the quick release, and mine are the semi-permanent.

Members have installed both on bikes with fender eliminators, but the quick release ones are easier to do that with. With mine you need to bend a piece of flat steel ("stretched C shape)and drill holes in the ends to replace the metal bit inside the stock fender that the rack would otherwise bolt to. Easy job with basic fabrication skills.

Mine, inside the stock fender, for reference.

Either one you need to cut 2 very small bits out of the under tail plastic pan, seen here ( top of picture is back of bike);

Last edited:
J's rack

JMundy's rack. Notice the rear connection between sides. That would be the way to go. It all comes off with a special bolt at all attachment points.

Okay that's good to know, I'm pretty handy when it comes to rigging so should be fine :p ill look into those more, thanks jmundy and oldschool! Keep the suggestions coming guys!

Anyone have any other experiences to share? possibly in cloth bags? i personally like something like the motocentric touring set but looks like they may make the passenger pegs unusable???

If you wanted to go down the textile saddlebag path, sw-motech make a great quick-release set called Blaze.
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/sw-...k on your quest :beer: Sent from my GT-I9100

Back