Runs Rough until temp get above 90 degrees c

Hi

This is an FZ1 2006 UK model.

This has just started happening....

It seems to run like a dog until the engine temp gets above 90 degrees c. Which doesn't happen while on the motorway, only in heavy London traffic.

History.....
Took the bike to a mechanic because it was running really rough. They said one of the coils was out. Determined by 3 exhaust pipes heating up from cold but one wasn't and they replaced the coil. The bike was alright over the weekend ridden in the middle of the day but...

Come Monday morning it was running rough all the way up the M3 and didn't start running correctly until it had sat in city traffic. The evening the same.

It seems to run like a dog until the engine temp gets above 90 degrees.

I suspect the coil wasn't the issue but the problem was hidden because the outside temperature and bike was warmer. I hate replacing my bike bit by bit, until they find the cause; especially at my expense.

Can anyone Help?

Hi

This is an FZ1 2006 UK model.

This has just started happening....

It seems to run like a dog until the engine temp gets above 90 degrees c. Which doesn't happen while on the motorway, only in heavy London traffic.

History.....
Took the bike to a mechanic because it was running really rough. They said one of the coils was out. Determined by 3 exhaust pipes heating up from cold but one wasn't and they replaced the coil. The bike was alright over the weekend ridden in the middle of the day but...

Come Monday morning it was running rough all the way up the M3 and didn't start running correctly until it had sat in city traffic. The evening the same.

It seems to run like a dog until the engine temp gets above 90 degrees.

I suspect the coil wasn't the issue but the problem was hidden because the outside temperature and bike was warmer. I hate replacing my bike bit by bit, until they find the cause; especially at my expense.

Can anyone Help?

Change your plugs and plug heat range - :doh2:

Back