Quickie to Halls Gap

ozzieboy

G'day all. There's a group of folks from SA, WA, and QLD on the FZ6 Forum, heading down to P.I. for Supers, then off to do a Tassie trip, on assorted bikes (2 x XJR's, 2 x FZ6's and one little 250cc cruiser).

I'll be cruising across to Halls Gap with the SA/WA crew, but I'll be staying there, and doing some fishing, and maybe a little bit of twisty work...you know...if the mood strikes me:Rockon::cloud9:...lol.

Anyhow, we're gonna be setting out on Thursday, and I'll be heading back to Adelaide on Saturday.

I'll be sure to slap up some pics, and video, while I'm there, and once I'm done.

And if you happen to be in the area, keep an eye out for the Black Nekkid, with the Yammy screen, and the rods poking out the back:tup:.

And for our overseas friends, there should be plenty of wildlife pics. The wildlife in the Grampians is prolific, to say the least. (like the roo that I had to shoulder aside on my last trip there: owned:. Of course that sorta was my fault for rocking up in the Grampians, around 2300 in a thunderstorm.:nono:) and because I am a hairy bugga, I seem to attract them:eek5:...lol.

Here's a few happy snaps from my last trip.....

The Motel
View attachment 5377

The other way
View attachment 5378

Loaded FZ6
View attachment 5379

Was like a kangaroo shopping mall
View attachment 5380

Halls Gap.
View attachment 5381

Wow! What a diiference a bit of water can make. And Crikey! What a difference a lot of water can make.

A bit of water means all is green, and lush, and all the kangaroos are popping out joey like a paintball auto mag

A lot of water means that all over the place the roads have been damaged, and/or undercut. Landslides, and rockfalls have caused road closures, and on the selfish side of things, have messed up my fishing.

The reservoirs are so full (good news of course) that the water level is up in the scrub now. Plenty of habitat for the fish in among the trees too.

The problem is that I was planning on catching my first freshwater fish on fly.Unfortunately there is no way to cast in such dense scrub, so I had to switch over to bait fishing.

The one place I possibly could have gotten a clear shot at the water was further down the road, past the road closed signs.

Ah well...Some other time....I'll be bringing my Kayak though. Try and stop me then...lol.

Anyhow.....a few pics might be in order....

All packed ready to rumble:cheers:
View attachment 5434

View attachment 5435

Quick random snap on my way to go fishing:flash:

View attachment 5436

Wildlife...

View attachment 5437

View attachment 5438

View attachment 5439

View attachment 5440

A bit of a panoramic from sorta near my front door.

View attachment 5441

I spent ages getting closer, a little at a time, and ended up siting on the steps of the beer garden, and after a bit the roo's pretty much ignored my existence.

View attachment 5442

View attachment 5443

They are usually quite timid. In one of the shots there you'll see one over the back with a couple of joey's next to her. They were hopping in and out of the pouch and falling over...lol.

The following morning some folks went to get some pics, but just walked straight over to them, and they took off.

This place is pretty insane with the number of skippy's though. I've not seen them quite like this since around 20 years ago driving across the Hay Plains out in the sticks. 530-odd km of skippys standing shoulder to shoulder just waiting for a chance to jump out in front of you and destroy your car:spank2:.

If you corner a big male and manage to upset him, they won't hold back...lol.

I missed the deer and the Emu's (you guys have seen more deer than I have anyway, no doubt), but I just find it interesting, that in that one stretch of lawn, at one point there were about 30 roo's, 6 deer, 4 Emu's, and about 50 native ducks, not to mention the C ockatoos.

Back