Power Commander V

I found the stock ECU likes the stock air box better as it was originally programmed for it. Mine happens to be hacked right now but one of the bikes I tune is still stock. I just prefer the ease of tuning for people that are not addicted to tuning.

When I compare RPM/Sec with the stock air box and now that I have the hacked one, the only real difference was the sound and the difficulty to tune it. Most people hack the air box and then tune the bike and find the bike faster. They never tried tuning it first with the stock box and then retuning with the hacked box to make a fair comparison.

I forgot to mention earlier that I still have the front cat intact in the header.

Have fun tuning

Beast

If I was starting from scratch now, I would....

Junk any Yamaha 2006 ECU if present. 2010 or later preferred.
Slip on exhaust (not too loud to keep police happy)
Block off the AIS hose. Or build AIS blockoff plated if you happen to be changing the plugs at the same time.
Stock air box including filter
Tied secondary throttles
PC5 running MAP based tuning (Several of us have maps to start with)
DJ Autotune module running closed loop and feeding the LCD-200 with data logging
or
Innovate lC1 feeding a flat 13.3 AFR back to the ECU and have a digital display to give AFR at WOT

Beast

PcV&Autotune&LCD 200 goes way too much money!!!
we talking about 750€ without the cost for dyno/tuning....
I think i will stay at the mod's already have!!!

Stock airbox with stock air filter
Racefit slip-on(probably the most awasome exhaust at the world)
Cat gutted
16T front sprocket

with slightly sport riding at 6-7500 rpm i have about 6-7lt/100kmh....
not bad i think....

Last edited:
PcV&Autotune&LCD 200 goes way too much money!!!
we talking about 750€ without the cost for dyno/tuning....
I think i will stay at the mod's already have!!!

Stock airbox with stock air filter
Racefit slip-on(probably the most awasome exhaust at the world)
Cat gutted
16T front sprocket

with slightly sport riding at 6-7500 rpm i have about 6-7lt/kmh....
not bad i think....

No need with dyno tuning with this setup. You can do that part yourself. It is still not cheap.

Beast

No need with dyno tuning with this setup. You can do that part yourself. It is still not cheap.

Beast

without the autotune&lcd 200 do u thing i could do a good job?
I'm saying just to buy a pc-V,fit the k&n air filter i already have,fit also the copperdwag's flies and download a prefered map....how do u think about that?
also,can u attach a new improved map u alredy have tested?

:angel:

Beast's map is for a system using the autotune, and MAP based tuning. It will not be appropriate for your proposed system using just the PCV.

For perspective, the PC has been available for the GenII for nearly 6 years. Thousands of maps have been created for just about any combination of MODs and many have been shared and "tested" by the forum community over and over and over again. You should be able to find a decent map in the shared map library that may or may not be able to be improved upon for your specific application by a local tuner.

My personal ride is an 06 with "the full package" of mods (see my signature). I have used both Ivan's E map (which was developed on his 06 specifically for the full package mod assortment) and Duken's perfection map. Both yield wonderful results.

Is a PCIII or PCV using "standard" TPS based mapping going to give you as good results as Beast's autotune and MAP based setup? It may come down to whether you are the type who wants to tinker with his/her bike or the type who simply wants to ride and enjoy the machine. So far I am more of the latter and am willing to settle for 90% good on the tune as it really is pretty damn good!

Last edited:
Beast's map is for a system using the autotune, and MAP based tuning. It will not be appropriate for your proposed system using just the PCV.

For perspective, the PC has been available for the GenII for nearly 6 years. Thousands of maps have been created for just about any combination of MODs and many have been shared and "tested" by the forum community over and over and over again. You should be able to find a decent map in the shared map library that may or may not be able to be improved upon for your specific application by a local tuner.

My personal ride is an 06 with "the full package" of mods (see my signature). I have used both Ivan's E map (which was developed on his 06 specifically for the full package mod assortment) and Duken's perfection map. Both yield wonderful results.

Is a PCIII or PCV using "standard" TPS based mapping going to give you as good results as Beast's autotune and MAP based setup? It may come down to whether you are the type who wants to tinker with his/her bike or the type who simply wants to ride and enjoy the machine. So far I am more of the latter and am willing to settle for 90% good on the tune as it really is pretty damn good!

Beast gave me a good hand on "how to work with those tool" (PLX MAP sensor and the LCD-200/Dataloger)

It's not as bad as it sound. It took me about 1 week of moderate riding to tune my Sport map. I could have done it in one weekend if I wanted to. I'm pretty much done with the Touring map now... just finishing to "proof" the map since I run 13.8 to 14.0 FR for good MPG. I did about every mod you can do without striping the engine apart. Exhaust, FZ6 Cams swap and went way over board on the airbox & stack. The bike pull great with about 10-12 HP over stock and still get easy 45 MPG (60/40% HYW) Bone stock the bike get 50 MPG if you milk it and pull like a scooter! LOL

Not that you need to do the whole deal but the MAP sensor was the best addition I made. It smooth out the map really nice in the "usable range" (4-7K) Without it you need to run the bike a little fat to overcome the fuel spike under 20% throttle. The air dynamic change so quick there that if you run TPS base map only you can't get as good of a tune.

It was hard to convince me at first too. Especially to spend the extra for the LCD-200. But I'm glad I did now. I should have done it from day one... that would have ave me few headache!

How do you know if you are 90% there without having any idea what 100% is?

Just asking...

Beast

Actually my gut tells me its more like 95% but in the end I can really only know what I experience every time I get on the bike. Perfectly smooth and linear power. There are no hiccups, and as best as I can tell there are no adverse effects to the temp ranges that I ride in (40s to 90s). There is also absolutely no question that the power output for the full package and appropriate maps that I have tried (Ivan's, and Dukens) is a world away from the stock bike.

I also know that the mods I run have a long history of development, both in the garage on the dyno, and on the street. There are years of posts from forum members who tried them out and gave their thoughts. There are also abundant dyno sheets available to evaluate.

Do I know for sure that it could only be at best 10% better? No, but like I said it is really damn good.

I've asked you before Beast if you have ever ridden a fully Ivanized GenII? Basically do YOU know what the "90%" is? Don't think I ever got an answer. Have you used your approach to tune a PERFORMANCE oriented GenII project with whatever mods to you feel appropriate (filter, flies, airbox?, full exhaust etc etc). How would the two compare? Will we ever know? . . . . . .

Last edited:
one more question....every time we upload a new map to the pc-V we re-setting the tps position?or once we setting it for 1st time then we forget it?

Actually my gut tells me its more like 95% but in the end I can really only know what I experience every time I get on the bike. Perfectly smooth and linear power. There are no hiccups, and as best as I can tell there are no adverse effects to the temp ranges that I ride in (40s to 90s). There is also absolutely no question that the power output for the full package and appropriate maps that I have tried (Ivan's, and Dukens) is a world away from the stock bike.

I also know that the mods I run have a long history of development, both in the garage on the dyno, and on the street. There are years of posts from forum members who tried them out and gave their thoughts. There are also abundant dyno sheets available to evaluate.

Do I know for sure that it could only be at best 10% better? No, but like I said it is really damn good.

I've asked you before Beast if you have ever ridden a fully Ivanized GenII? Basically do YOU know what the "90%" is? Don't think I ever got an answer. Have you used your approach to tune a PERFORMANCE oriented GenII project with whatever mods to you feel appropriate (filter, flies, airbox?, full exhaust etc etc). How would the two compare? Will we ever know? . . . . . .
Ditto. All this MAP based tuning is expensive stuff not meant for most of the riders. Frankly, this tuning with a corked bike is pointless and incomplete.
Andy, you need to try it on a fully modded FZ1. Hell, even that CAT is still in there on your bike.

Smoke signals
Telegraph
Telephone
Cell Phone
Internet

Yep, you always can elect to stay with the old technology. The guys that are strong at math and programming are always the first to adopt a new way of looking at things.

I elect to work on the area where the bike spends 90% of the operating time.

Have fun tuning

Beast

Finally yesterday I received and installed FCE and lcd 200.
Fce seems work properly.
In Lcd 200 there is something wrong because no data is shown. Any idea?

My set up is PCV + autotune + lcd 200

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally yesterday I received and installed FCE and lcd 200.
Fce seems work properly.
In Lcd 200 there is something wrong because no data is shown. Any idea?

My set up is PCV + autotune + lcd 200

If I recall, you have to set up your display and the output channels to the SD card. Those things can not deal with SD cards larger than 1 gig.

It the CAN network terminator on at the end of the CAN chain?

Andy

If I recall, you have to set up your display and the output channels to the SD card. Those things can not deal with SD cards larger than 1 gig.

It the CAN network terminator on at the end of the CAN chain?

Andy

Thank you Andy
Mmm... Can terminator installed. But I'm using 2gb sd. I will try to get some 1gb and test again.
I going to post any advance later

I changed sd card for other with 1gb. Selected channel to log.
Lcd logged data but not show in the lcd
Here are a video
[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ANJ1XgS8qR4"]PCV + autotune + lcd 200 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0h91m6xFfRw"]PC V info - YouTube[/ame]

####### EDIT #######

Problem solved

I feel like a fool. I just needed to update channel asignation into gauge set up to make lcd 200 work properly :p

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HO1SbyieXqw"]Pc V autotune lcd200 working - YouTube[/ame]

Now is time to collect data, understand graphics and tune my baby

aqygu5an.jpg

Ups... That isn't the right baby

Last edited:
Back