People been messing with my bike

ozzieboy

I've been trying to set up my new rear shock for a while now. The weather hasn't given me much opportunity, and I got new tires, and the roads cooled off a lot all at the same time as I got the shock.

What I didn't realise was that some lowlife, had decided to mess with my fork settings somewhere around the same time.:wtf:

I've been having no end of trouble, getting it all sweet until I decided, to start from scratch again.

Front and rear sags, and then take all the dampening out and work my way up again.

My Compression was set on 23.....I've actually got it written down (not that I need to) and it was set on 16 originally. The Rebound was up 6 clicks as well.

WTF???!!! I don't ever touch another person's vehicle. If I catch the mongrel that did it, I'll be shoving squid jags.....well....probably don't need to go further with that.

Needless to say, once I had it back where is was, it was a two ride, and 4 click job to get it all, pretty good. Just need to get some nice new BT015's or 003's for fine tuning:sinister:, as my current tires are knackered.

Anyhow, I thought I'd post up and suggest that if you park your bike somewhere where this could happen it might pay to check occasionally.....although this is the first time something like this has happened to mine.

I'm with you on that one. Why would anyone feel the urge to mess with that is beyond me unless they were trying to get back at you for something. That reminds me years ago I had gone into a store to buy a drink and come back out to find a guy trying to get on my bike. When I asked him what he thought he was doing he was at a loss for words and finally just said that he wanted to "check it out". I told him that he was welcomed to look at the bike, but not touch it or get on it :shaking head:

Glad you figured out what was going on before you went mad ;)

call me crazy but I don't think your average trouble maker is walking around with tools adjusting peoples suspension, maybe a re-adjusted mirror or even a flat tire, but adjusting someones suspension setting. Ahhh a little far stretched here dont you think?

Maybe a good riding buddy of yours playing a trick here. Just my 02 cents

call me crazy but I don't think your average trouble maker is walking around with tools adjusting peoples suspension, maybe a re-adjusted mirror or even a flat tire, but adjusting someones suspension setting. Ahhh a little far stretched here dont you think?

Maybe a good riding buddy of yours playing a trick here. Just my 02 cents

That could be, but all it would take to mess with it is a flat blade screwdriver, which is not exactly hard to come by...

I'd throttle the turd who tried this with my bike!

A pocket knife or even a coin can turn the adjusters without a whole lot of effort.

Mike, how 'bout you hire that mad koala Mick to stand guard when you park her? :D

Actually there was a video on from my cruiser forum where two drunk girls were posing next to a stranger's bike, one decided she was going to get on it to take a pic and in the process knocked it over. They bolted after that. NOW DAT would drive me fking KRAZY

I would be seriously ticked if I caught some stranger touching my bike. Looking is one thing, but contact of any kind is unacceptable without the owner's go-ahead.

Anyway, a buddy I work with that rides a BKing came in today and told me someone jacked his license plate from his bike. They broke it off, probably by bending it back and forth until it just came off, because part of the plate was still bolted underneath the screw head. I mean come on, what's the point of taking someone's license plate and making it unusable in the process??

Last edited:
I could hardly believe it myself. Why the flock would anyone do that? But the fact remains that it has been done.There are a number of noobish bike folk at work, and lots of folk walking around with tools on them. I myself usually use the key, or a key tag if I'm adjusting at the roadside, and want to leave the bike running. It's parked undercover off to the side of the outdoor lunch area. Not in a high traffic area (especially considering I work arvos) but close to one. It's about the only place where it's out of my sight.

As for riding mates...they know too much to do that, and are not 'a' holes.

They know how hard I like to ride and are probably not out to kill me.

I even considered my bro, not being a rider, he might have wondered and clicked, but he's not that stupid, and if he was, he'd either click it back when he discovered it clicked, or it would only be moved a couple clicks at most.

Just like strangers who hop on a parked bike.....what goes through their freaking heads?

Back