pcIII FCE dynotune

Hello everyone. Im new to this forum and have been searching around. Theres some realy great stuff on here.
I have a 2006 fz1 I gutted the cat, put a 2 bros slipon on it, and dropped one tooth on the front sprocket. I have a pcIII on the way and Im gonna do the airbox mod. I realy want to get rid of the annoying throttle problem on this bike. My question is if I get the pcIII and get it dynotuned then get a fce later will I have to get it dynotuned again? Also does anyone know where to get a FCE online other than the one on ebay?

Hello everyone. Im new to this forum and have been searching around. Theres some realy great stuff on here.
I have a 2006 fz1 I gutted the cat, put a 2 bros slipon on it, and dropped one tooth on the front sprocket. I have a pcIII on the way and Im gonna do the airbox mod. I realy want to get rid of the annoying throttle problem on this bike. My question is if I get the pcIII and get it dynotuned then get a fce later will I have to get it dynotuned again? Also does anyone know where to get a FCE online other than the one on ebay?
welcome get your FCE from
ivansperformanceproduct.png

more info here about FCE Ivan's Performance Products

Hi & :welcome: it would certainly make more sense to fit the fce before tuning as it affects the mid range ,,, also I would do a little more research on the air box mod ,, lot of mixed opinions on this on ,, some are changing back to std as they cant bear the noise others see very little gain..
Food for thought !!

Thanks Eurocats for the info. Ive called ivans a couple times and they have called me back I just keep missing them thats why I was just wondering if there was a website that I could just order one on.

Delbert I guess Ill probably wait and get it dyno tuned after I get the FCE then. I just know the pcIII will be here any day and im anxious to try it out. As for the airbox mod Ive read alot of mixed reviews and the reason I figured Id go with it is because I figured that mod would go good with the PCIII. I guess I still have a couple more days to think about it though. Doue the airbox mod realy make that much more noise? thaks for the info

Thanks Eurocats for the info. Ive called ivans a couple times and they have called me back I just keep missing them thats why I was just wondering if there was a website that I could just order one on.

your best bet is to buy direct from Ivan. I believe you will get his Map for PC3 if you spend over 200.00

I like the airbox mod, it is by no means noisy, just a little roar,hardly noticable.

I found smaller secondry flies was by far the most simple and noticable improvement, just in letting the clutch out, less sntchy and smoother.

Get all your bits on then get it tuned,

I bought a second hand pc111 with a custom map on it already, it is brilliant,there is a note on it when reading it on the laptop and it says it suits the mods i have done.Bute

The PCIII will not get rid of the throttle snatch by itself. Some people swear by the FCE some say there is still some throttle snatch even after adding it. I can't really say how much better the snatch problem is after adding the FCE because I don't use one on my 08. I do have some throttle snatch and it can be quite noticeable. I do have a PCIII because at one time I had a MIVV Suono, which I no longer have. I went back to the stock can, minus the flapper but I kept all the rest of the smog equipment including both CATs. I do have the air box mod and that's the main reason I am running a mixture a bit richer than stock. Personally I don't tlike to "butcher" my stock wiring harness on anything so the FCE isn't for me. The reason I got rid of the MIVV was because I thought it was just too raspy (loud) for my liking. You'll probably read on here that some have had problems with error codes popping up after FCE installations and some don't seem to have that so whether or not you decide to go that route is up to you. You might want to read up on those issues here before you get into something you aren't comfortable doing.

Lonerider. Yes I have read about the FCE giving an error code and I was concerned about that. I was gonna see what the company has to say about that when I go to order one. I saw the instructions online on how to put one on the bike and it seemed pretty easy. The throttle snatch on the 06 is pretty bad so Im looking for anyway to get rid of it but Id rather not have an error code.

Lonerider. Yes I have read about the FCE giving an error code and I was concerned about that. I was gonna see what the company has to say about that when I go to order one. I saw the instructions online on how to put one on the bike and it seemed pretty easy. The throttle snatch on the 06 is pretty bad so Im looking for anyway to get rid of it but Id rather not have an error code.

The FCE is a great mod for the '06 bike. You will get codes under certain conditions. For example trying to start the bike by pulling in the clutch and having the side stand down. Once the code has been triggered you have to turn the ignition off to clear it. I just try not to start the bike using that method. IMHO the pluses outweigh the cons, but you'll have to decide for yourself.

Thanks for the info NJFZ1. I think im gonna just go ahead and get the fce. I mean who realy cares if theres an error code as long as its not effecting anything. I noticed that you have velocity stacks. I havent realy looked to much into those. How much do they improve your precormance.

Thanks for the info NJFZ1. I think im gonna just go ahead and get the fce. I mean who realy cares if theres an error code as long as its not effecting anything. I noticed that you have velocity stacks. I havent realy looked to much into those. How much do they improve your precormance.

Yea, the codes clear right up when you shut off the ignition and turn the bike back on.

As for the velocity stacks I put them on at the same time that I did the airbox mod and hi-flow filter so not sure how much of a gain they give by themselves. I got them cheap enough so it was worth it.

So I got my PCIII today and the FCE is on its way. My origional thought was to get the bike dyno tuned but now im a little confused. I cant seem to get the software to download on my pos computer for the pc and Ive read alot about different maps. The guy at the dyno shop told me I dont need a custom map and that what dyno tuning is for is to just make the air fuel ratios as close to perfect as they can get. Will this give me more horsepower or should I just try a different map from somewhere online. And where can I find a good map for my bike?

Ive posted a zillion maps on the site. Try a few out.

After you do that get your bike tuned.

Trimming via the PC3 to a given AFR or CO percentage is tuning and if done.well will yield more power throughout the power band.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

Ok I have one more map question. I think im finaly starting to figure this whole map thing out now that I got the pc sofware installed. My question is how good are the maps on the pc website. They are pretty much go for a slip on and aftermarket air filter and I have a couple more mods than that. Also is there a big difference between a map for a 06 and 07 bike? Does anyone have a good map they could reccomend me for a 06 fz1 with a 2 bros slipon, lars airbox mod, gutted cat, FCE, and blocked AIS. Thanks everyone for the info ive realy learned alot from this website

Yeah I might of done it different if I were to start all over.
I just got done installing the FCE it works perfect for this bike. There is still a little throttle snatch at certian rpm but its night and day different. I also just got the pc3 on I put a map in it but think I need to try a few more to find a good one until I can afford to get it dynotuned.

Back