Pacific Northwest FZ1 Ride

Calling out to all pacific northwest fz1 riders, this spring, i'll be trying to host a ride with as many fz1's as possible, do an all day ride so people can meet up wherever along the way. this will be a long ride but we can cut it a little short if needbe and i may cut it into 2 rides but i think it'd be pretty awesome to have a few dozen fz1's and would make for some cool pics. everyones invited of course but ya. here's a link to the google map. if you think its too long, we can cut it in half easily enough and go across through leavenworth instead of winthrop, then down to yakima and up the back side of rainier back into seattle or wherever you're from

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...ttle&mra=dpe&mrsp=6&sz=10&via=1,3,6,7&t=m&z=8

I'd be interested in that! Some of the best riding north of California! :) The Cascades Highway isn't open until mid-May, typically. This has been a pretty cold winter so far so I wonder what the highway is like at the moment

I'd be interested in that! Some of the best riding north of California! :) The Cascades Highway isn't open until mid-May, typically. This has been a pretty cold winter so far so I wonder what the highway is like at the moment

It dumped early in the year but we haven't had a significant amount of new snow in a long time. As long as it warms up it shouldn't be to long before the roads clear up.

i'm thinking probably may/june when it's light later and snow should be mostly all cleared up by then. like i said, we may cut out yakima as it adds a lot but once it gets closer to game time i'll see how most people are feeling. if its a small group, probably move a little faster, large group, i'd lead more conservatively. everything will be planned out ahead of time and whatnot

I live North of Spokane. Is there any others in my area that would want to meet up with the group coming from the Seattle area?

we could meet ya in winthrop, theres plenty of awesome roads from spokane to winthrop, then peel off in yakima and head back the southern route, it's also just as fun

What I would like to see is for the Seattle group to do there route backwards. We meet them in the Winthrop area. I would do hwy 2 from Ketttle falls to meet up with them. Do the Northern Cascade hwy. Then maybe peel off through the Olympic NF??

Last edited:
doesnt matter to me, can head through rainier first, down through yakima then up north to winthrop then over the mountains again where i'd be headed back home.

After further thought I think those of you in the Seattle area ought to do the deciding of the ride route from there. Any of us from the Spokane area can meet up with you somewhere along the line. My line there won't be very straight though:). Thinking of either coming across the top of the state or maybe via rattlesnake grade to Joseph in NE Oregon then on from there.... Decisions, decisions...lol

After further thought I think those of you in the Seattle area ought to do the deciding of the ride route from there. Any of us from the Spokane area can meet up with you somewhere along the line. My line there won't be very straight though:). Thinking of either coming across the top of the state or maybe via rattlesnake grade to Joseph in NE Oregon then on from there.... Decisions, decisions...lol

well, i'm down for whatever haha but what you just posted also helps determine where we go and how many of ya are joining. if you go north, meet in winthrop, if you go south, meet in yakima, see? goes either way, totally fine either way, its gonna be a beautiful ride either way

we need to bump this thing after a while or re post in the spring. I don't want anyone to anyone to forget about it. Its should be an awesome ride.

no worries, i won't be forgetting, been planning this since last summer

My days off have been fairly flexible, but I tend to take Fridays off (I work four 10's usually), sometimes I'll stagger my weeks to do a four-day weekend if I have a trip I want to do.

Looking at that proposed map, it looks to me like more than a one-day ride. On overnighter someplace would be cool, especially if it's camping. :)

Rob

Jared,

I just noticed this was in the "General Discussion" area.

You might want to also post this in the "Pacific" Regional area as time gets closer. Or maybe have one of the Mods move this thread over there so it does not get lost here as it moves down the list.

Just a thought,

Jon...

Back