Odax Tach dial

I'm in the process of fitting the Odax Tach dial. Thought I'd post a couple of pics so far. Bit stalled until some other work is done so I can't finish it yet.

The Dial Unlit

003-7.jpg

Lit

004-8.jpg

Another

005-4.jpg

Waiting to finish

006-5.jpg

I like it. The white face will look sweet with the retro. Did you change the color of the digital part to match the blue? Also it looks like you are going to add a gear indicator?

I like it. The white face will look sweet with the retro. Did you change the color of the digital part to match the blue? Also it looks like you are going to add a gear indicator?
No the digital will be the usual. Not up to changing out those embedded LEDs. Yep already got the gear indicator. Thinking of making a small thin black frame around the cut out. The material does not like drilling, soft rubbery with a coating so had to cut square. Also stuck a small "O" ring around the immobilizer light as thats where I found out the drilling bit was not a good idea. All instructions were in Japanese but I emailed Odax-Moto and Mr Oda was free with information (on a Saturday). I thought it was coincidental his name and he confirmed he is "Mr Oda x" very helpful.

Sweet!!! Where is your full write up? I've been wanting to get the GI Pro anyway, but would love to have the same setup you have on the face plate as well. Any and all info is appreciated.

And your halo's, and I think that might be all I need from you (until I read some more on your setup and keep finding cool stuff you did).

:thewave:

The small frame around the Gear Pos Ind, I bought a cheap $2.50 document folder at the Supermarket and cut it out to fit. Used Gel type super glue to fix it.

I wish there was some place to just go buy it already done - just like you did it. It would also be sweet if it were a couple of bolts and done, and I've seen the write ups on these and there is quite a bit to do.

I wish there was some place to just go buy it already done - just like you did it. It would also be sweet if it were a couple of bolts and done, and I've seen the write ups on these and there is quite a bit to do.
To just fit the tach dial on a US mod would be very easy. No cutting don't even need to remove the needle for this one as it flexes and the center hole is larger enough to slip over. It also sits on top of the std dial. Hardest part would be what to wire it into.

Back