Not an addict.

viking1

I don’t think I’m addicted to mods. There were a few I did, like the air box, slip-on exhaust, ais block off and flash mount signals which improved the look, sound and performance of the bike. But that's it, I’m done. I don't want to change anything else.

I will mod, but only things that need addressing. I rarely (if ever) do aesthetics and it's usually only to improve function or address something lacking.

My SV has Givi racks, an HID projector retrofit, sliders all over, a timing retard eliminator, a slip-on (came with the bike), fork springs and a GSX-R shock.

That's a lot for me I think and I can't imagine needing anything else

Last edited:
I'M a full blown addict!!! I swear that when I bought I bought a $15 oil cap and made a thread about it - I knew there was a problem. I rationalized buying a certain kind of ignition key (not because it looked cooler than the very ugly original) but because I needed a spare. Really can't have to many.
The final straw was when I actually purchased Yamaha valve stem covers.. LOL I told myself - but they are so cheap, etc, etc, etc. I honestly thought that I needed an intervention at this point. :nothing:
Don't get me started on carbon fiber :cloud9:

I will have some type of jet kit before the Hill Country Ride. I have Ivan's kit that I have yet to install. Then I found Holeshot's Stage 2 kit and I can't decide which I want. There is some argument about which is best....but that is a different addiction story :cowboy:

I'm not addicted at all. I'm actually looking to trade my bike in to avoid wasting my time and money... Looking to buy second hand with all the work done lol

To MOD , , or not to MOD , , that is the question , , ,
Ohh me , , ? I AM ADDICTED. My name Gary. It's been 13 days since I last fell off the wagon . . . . and performed a much un-needed MOD . . .oh my. :surrender:
+ 35 MODS and counting , , , , ,

I don’t think I’m addicted to mods. There were a few I did, like the air box, slip-on exhaust, ais block off and flash mount signals which improved the look, sound and performance of the bike. But that's it, I’m done. I don't want to change anything else.

Famous last words....

Before you know it you'll have a second bike so you can mod that.

:bowdown:
I wish I had your resolve, I haven't even put 200 miles on mine and I have modded everything you can on the intake and exhaust just about. Truth is the bike is plenty fast as is. My name is Chris and I am an addict... lol

Well I have never owned anything with wheels that I have left completely stock so I don't ever bother thinking this way. I'll only end up disappointing myself :doh2:

AIS mod, new can, gutted cat, front and rear turn signals, fender elim and a right side motor gaurd just cause it was on sale. Addicted to mods....who me? If I didn't own three other bikes the mods would come at a much faster pace.

Haha I have had my bike for almost 1 year and so far it has: slip on, airbox mod, DNA filter, double bubble screen, shorty levers, sliders, went through several seats until I settled on dirtroads custom, PCV, SV risers, still waiting on a used Copperdawg I ordered. And I don't plan on stopping there, plan on picking up a FCE from ivan, and I need to buy some new signals. That might be it though...:p

Give it time you will look back on this thread and laugh as you look at your credit card statement ;)

Haha I have had my bike for almost 1 year and so far it has: slip on, airbox mod, DNA filter, double bubble screen, shorty levers, sliders, went through several seats until I settled on dirtroads custom, PCV, SV risers, still waiting on a used Copperdawg I ordered. And I don't plan on stopping there, plan on picking up a FCE from ivan, and I need to buy some new signals. That might be it though...:p

Give it time you will look back on this thread and laugh as you look at your credit card statement ;)
Wish I could laugh at my credit card statement!

I went the first two years clean and sober then i went to the dragstrip with some buddies and it was on. I will say modding has helped me learn the bike inside and out. So my name is Mike and i am a addict.

Excellent points. As I'm reading this I thought to myself, who am I kidding, my nane is Jack and I........am an addict lol I'm looking at rear shocks as I type.

Back